• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

i think i know what the outcome will be..

which the better smoke?

• Padron '64 mad. (Exclusivo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H. Upmann (Mag. 46)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marcsheldon

CP's official Architect
ive been smoking isoms for about a year. just about every brand, every vitola, every price range. and as much as i want to give in, ive decided i cant find one i like better than my pam's. i think they are great, dont get me wrong. i would take any isom over about 95% of any non-isom. but on those special rare special occasions when all the stars are lined up perfectly in my humble little world and i decide to reach for the best smoke i have in my humi, i always tend to pass up the various premium isoms and grap a '26 or '64.

i know im in the minority here, i just want to know how minor the minority is around here. and the reason for the 2 scpecific cigars i chose is just what was the top 25 in both categories according to top25cigars.com the other day.

So you have a fair amount of time smoking the 46's and are just looking for our input or are you trying to find out if the 46's are as good as the PAMs in our opinion?

Ain't ever had a Mag 46 so I'll have to say the PAM's are a pretty good smoke. ;) I wouldn't hesitate to grab one if I wanted a good smoke for the evening.

My .02 cents!

Floyd T. :sign:

AVB said:
So you have a fair amount of time smoking the 46's and are just looking for our input or are you trying to find out if the 46's are as good as the PAMs in our opinion?
[snapback]183761[/snapback]​

its doesnt really have anything to do with pams ve 46's. its more of a great isom vs a great non-isom. i just used them as subjects because they seem to be popular right now.

Gotta go with the Mag 46. The PAM has it's place too....ne of the best domestics out there.

Personally, have to say the PAMs (especially the Torps). I've had some great ISOMs but no matter how many times I weigh the scales, PAM Torps always come in as my absolute favorite smokes.

I can't vote with a clear conscience since I've never had a Mag.

But I will say; show me a cigar more flavorful and consistent than a '26 No.1 or No.9 maduro, and I'll show you a jaw on the floor.

(like this- :0 , but my lower jaw will actually dislocate itself and hit the floor)

:p

I’d go with the PAM as far as consistency. I find that most ISOMs lack consistency from year to year.

Would I refuse an ISOM over a PAM, I don't think so! But I know what I'm getting with the PAM.

YMMV

Damn, no contest! And I've even had first release PAMs. If you're one of us poor suckers hooked on that Havana twang everything else is second best :(

lucasbuck said:
Damn, no contest! And I've even had first release PAMs. If you're one of us poor suckers hooked on that Havana twang everything else is second best :(
[snapback]183791[/snapback]​

This is something I've noticed over the last month or so as well. I love that twang! :thumbs:

:cool:

It's gotten to the point that I almost don't smoke NC anymore - they just don't "do it" for me the same way. To my taste buds, the ISOMs are almost always better.

Having said that, for the two listed above, I think there is a component of "apples to oranges" - besides the different geographic origin, the size is different, the wrapper is different, and at least for me, the ISOM is less expensive.

In some ways, you might have to compare the PAM to an EL like the RyJ Hermosos No. 2, or something like that, especially if you want to equalize cost. For about the same price as the PAM, you can get a Siglo IV, and to me, that blows the PAM away. Don't get me wrong - I think the PAM is a very good NC smoke, but I would take almost any ISOM of similar size and lesser or equal cost over the PAM - including the Mag 46.

Just my .02! :D

Neither.

Padron 1926 #9 or SLR Serie A would be my hard choice. :laugh:

And, depending on my mood, there are days and times where I'd smoke the Padron over the SLR Serie A and other days and time where I'd want the Serie A.

So in my case, sometimes I'll grab a 1926 or an Opus X and other times I'll grab some Havana. ;)

Not a fan of the mag or h.upmann in general so I went with PAM by a lot. Now if you said Padron 1926 no.9 vs a Boli or a Cohiba, then I may have to think longer.