• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you like Dunhill tobacco

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
I have it on good authority that Dunhill tobaccos will no longer be available once they are gone. From what I've read, what's already in the distribution lines is all that will be available. Apparently, one of the largest wholesale distributors has purchased the remaining tobacco and no more will be produced.

Many (all?) Lane bulks will no longer be available, either.

This has been rumored for some time, but it has apparently become reality.

THIS THREAD at a predominantly pipe related site has more details.

:(

Just read that thread a little while ago. Time to start stocking up!

Any suggestions on what be you guys with be stocking up on?

Thanks for the info

I just ordered a boat load of 965. I don't think I'll worry about getting anything else.

I have 2 lbs of the bulk that I got last year left, but I still picked up a dozen tins of Nightcap online yesterday - will probably keep hording more of it as long as I can ;P

I like the few Dunhill blends I've tried but not enough to get sentimental about them. For once being a newb has advantages. For instance, I just tried Squadron Leader and thought it was similar to 965 but better. But I can also see how one becomes attached to certain tastes and habits.

Not being a cigar newb, I'd be upset if Pepin retired, for instance. :(

I like the few Dunhill blends I've tried but not enough to get sentimental about them. For once being a newb has advantages. For instance, I just tried Squadron Leader and thought it was similar to 965 but better. But I can also see how one becomes attached to certain tastes and habits.

Not being a cigar newb, I'd be upset if Pepin retired, for instance. :(
You and me both. Of course if Padron all of a sudden decided to stop making cigars I'd likely jump off a tall building. :laugh:

I just read an interesting blurb on this topic. Excerpt is below link.

Linky

"I don't believe, at this point, that the manufacturer is going to stop producing these tobaccos. That being said, the issue is going to be at the distribution level. As I receive more information I will post it here.

In the short term we may have to limit the quantities."

Bob Gates, E-Commerce Manager

One can hope.

In my further reading I've found out that the company that owns the Dunhill tobaccos is restructuring. As of now, everything is still being produced, but distribution is in limbo. Apparently there is still danger of production being ceased, but it isn't imminent as was thought a week ago.

Sorry if I caused panic. I trusted the original link, but it seems like there was incomplete information out there. :blush:

Panic requires practice so you're providing a public service! ;)

And it did get me to order some extra Dunhill which cannot be a bad thing. :thumbs: