• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iFicianado

sduke

I did a Search on this, and noticed that it didn't appear to have been posted yet, so here goes:

There's a free program called iFicianado (unfortunately it seems to be for Macs only :sign: ) that allows you to catalogue, rate, and record your cigar purchases, along with several other functions, including pictures.

Now, since I don't have a Mac, I can't vouch for the reliability of this program, but it sure looks interesting.

Just a heads-up.

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

Buy a Mac? I'd rather have slivers of bamboo forced under my fingernails :p

Someone needs to make a Windozes version stat.

It's okay. Fairly feature-ful, even downloads band/cigar pictures, has a pretty good database... but the UI isn't what it should be, IMHO.

One of these days, I'll mark off a few hours and write my own. I know exactly how it should work. :)

moki said:
It's okay. Fairly feature-ful, even downloads band/cigar pictures, has a pretty good database... but the UI isn't what it should be, IMHO.

One of these days, I'll mark off a few hours and write my own. I know exactly how it should work. :)
[snapback]246590[/snapback]​

When you do, Moki, please port it to Windows. Please?

SteveD.
b8f49505.gif

sduke said:
When you do, Moki, please port it to Windows. Please?
[snapback]246595[/snapback]​

Unlikely to happen, sorry...

Cigarbreifcase is a good database for windows.
But I do have some issues with it...
You have to have a separate database for every humidor and can't easily move date between the two.
None of the field headers can be changed or modified in any way and you can't change the size of the display.
That being said, you can incorporate pictures with the entries, the review section is nice and has a fairly large cigar database that comes with it.
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 7.

I just downloaded it so I'll check it out. If Moki develops a better Mac version, I'll probably want to check it out as well.

Wilkey

Could Have Some other Features, But VERY NICE!....
Waiting for the PalmOS Import/Export also....
I'm SORRY all the PC users out there, But someone has
to have them I guess?..

Whats anyone use for the PalmOS?...
I'd like to find a Filemaker Template or something
to allow Transfer to and from the Palm?..

iFicianado could be MUCH better....
It's a great idea, but it's buggy and the interface isn't up to par.

Also, it hasn't been updated in what? 3 years?

I sent it to the trash a couple months ago, and use an Excel spreadsheet to prove to everyone I'm the biggest nerd they know.

Hey Joebob,

How's about sending a copy of the spreadsheet blank for a brother to try out?

Wilkey

It's nothing to write home about, but I'd be happy to share.
Can it be posted to the board somehow?
Or, where shall I send it?

Joebob said:
It's nothing to write home about, but I'd be happy to share.
Can it be posted to the board somehow?
Or, where shall I send it?
[snapback]246993[/snapback]​

If you want you can just take a screenshot of the layout and post the image on the board. From there, it wouldn't be hard to setup ourselves. I would be interested in this also. Not that I have hundreds of cigars to organize, but it would be nice to have something to keep track of the few I have. I've tried CigarBreifcase and didn't really find it to my liking. :(

moki said:

[snapback]246590[/snapback]​

I for one would gladly pay for such software.......

Cool program, needs a lot of tweaking but it is useful. Thanks for posting the link!
-Zach