• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione cg:4

oracle202

The post below was taken from my online weblog. If you are looking for more cigar reviews you can visit it here.

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Cigar Stars Rating: 9.4

Tonight's cigar was like jazz; smooth, sweet, and unpredictable. It is the Illusione cg:4. A new cigar by a new company. They are unlike any others out there right now and boy is it refreshing. Created by Dion Giolito, this boutique brand is made in small batches. The tobacco used is from first generation Corojo ’99 and Criollo ’98 seeds and Cafe Colorado leaf. They are made at the Raices Cubanas factory in Honduras and are finished with a beautiful cuban style triple cap. All the tobacco is aged for about three years prior to rolling.

Lets start with the wrapper: One word comes to mind immediately: aged. The wrapper is a silky smooth texture and a beautiful dark brown color. No blemishes on mine. It smells suspiciously like a cuban. But of course it’s not. Or is it?

Pre-Light: As all cigars should be it is triple capped and it guillotined without a shred or tear. Draw is perfect and I know I say this about alot of cigars because I’m really not that picky, but with this cigar it truly is as smooth and easy as ever. Before lighting it tastes of heavy tobacco, maybe hints of nutmeg.

Taste: The first inch or so is strong tobacco and spice right out of the gate. But then, almost instantly, it hits you with this sweet, caramel taste for a bit. Around the halfway point heavy tobacco notes come back framed by that same candied sweetness. You really don’t want it to end. The finish is long and spicy, coming back full circle to the taste of the cigar at first light.

The ash is not strong at all, it can and probably will fall into your lap if your not careful, but really who cares? This cigar is really something special. Just after burning my fingers on the nub I ran upstairs and ordered myself a box from the place I ordered the samples: New Havana Cigars. I love this company, the cigars came completely sealed in plastic with a humidipak for freshness. Great guys there, always ship my order same day. After smoking this cigar I am not one bit surprised it was rated up in the top ten cigars of the year by Cigar Aficionado.

The post below was taken from my online weblog. If you are looking for more cigar reviews you can visit it here.

Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Cigar Stars Rating: 9.4

Tonight's cigar was like jazz; smooth, sweet, and unpredictable. It is the Illusione cg:4. A new cigar by a new company. They are unlike any others out there right now and boy is it refreshing. Created by Dion Giolito, this boutique brand is made in small batches. The tobacco used is from first generation Corojo ’99 and Criollo ’98 seeds and Cafe Colorado leaf. They are made at the Raices Cubanas factory in Honduras and are finished with a beautiful cuban style triple cap. All the tobacco is aged for about three years prior to rolling.

Lets start with the wrapper: One word comes to mind immediately: aged. The wrapper is a silky smooth texture and a beautiful dark brown color. No blemishes on mine. It smells suspiciously like a cuban. But of course it’s not. Or is it?

Pre-Light: As all cigars should be it is triple capped and it guillotined without a shred or tear. Draw is perfect and I know I say this about alot of cigars because I’m really not that picky, but with this cigar it truly is as smooth and easy as ever. Before lighting it tastes of heavy tobacco, maybe hints of nutmeg.

Taste: The first inch or so is strong tobacco and spice right out of the gate. But then, almost instantly, it hits you with this sweet, caramel taste for a bit. Around the halfway point heavy tobacco notes come back framed by that same candied sweetness. You really don’t want it to end. The finish is long and spicy, coming back full circle to the taste of the cigar at first light.

The ash is not strong at all, it can and probably will fall into your lap if your not careful, but really who cares? This cigar is really something special. Just after burning my fingers on the nub I ran upstairs and ordered myself a box from the place I ordered the samples: New Havana Cigars. I love this company, the cigars came completely sealed in plastic with a humidipak for freshness. Great guys there, always ship my order same day. After smoking this cigar I am not one bit surprised it was rated up in the top ten cigars of the year by Cigar Aficionado.

I cannot agree more. But lets keep this one a secret.............. :sign:

I'm not quite sure how to put this fairly, so I'll just spit it out. I doubt the guys at Cigar Live care much about why you joined there so long as you're careful not to offend anyone, but you might find that we're going to want a bit more from you. Thanks for the nice review, but it sure looks like you posted it here to promote your blog. Not true? Fine - stick around and contribute. As we get to know you, we might take an interest in your opinions. Keep plugging your blog and you'll most likely get heckled.

Incidentally, post your reviews of the cigars you didn't like. Without that, we can't develope your baseline. Without the baseline, your subjective measures are meaningless.

Nice review... these seem to be getting pretty popular. I'm going to try some of the smaller ones and see how they are. Is there much variation among the sizes and "odd" names?

Your blog (I hate that word) is filtered as "Un-productive" at work. I'm sure that's not all your here for, but remember first impressions. :) I'll check it out when I get home.

Take care,

---John Holmes...

Nice review... these seem to be getting pretty popular. I'm going to try some of the smaller ones and see how they are. Is there much variation among the sizes and "odd" names?

Your blog (I hate that word) is filtered as "Un-productive" at work. I'm sure that's not all your here for, but remember first impressions. :) I'll check it out when I get home.

Take care,

---John Holmes...

Optomist.

I'm not quite sure how to put this fairly, so I'll just spit it out. I doubt the guys at Cigar Live care much about why you joined there so long as you're careful not to offend anyone, but you might find that we're going to want a bit more from you. Thanks for the nice review, but it sure looks like you posted it here to promote your blog. Not true? Fine - stick around and contribute. As we get to know you, we might take an interest in your opinions. Keep plugging your blog and you'll most likely get heckled.

Incidentally, post your reviews of the cigars you didn't like. Without that, we can't develope your baseline. Without the baseline, your subjective measures are meaningless.

I'm not quite sure how to put this nicely, so I'll just spit it out. Who put the stick up your ass? lol. What a great welcome! (Don't get too offended now, as you hardly offended me...) Yes I am new. Yes I'm promoting my blog. But I also contribute in three other cigar forums on an almost hourly basis. I just found cigar pass today and I am enjoying and contributing already. Your point about reviewing the cigars I don't like is very good. This is feedback I have gotten from many others and I will be changing my format accordingly. Thats why I promote my blog, so that others will not only read, but help me to make it better. Hope you get to know me better, and sooner.

Smoke well!

Anthony

I enjoy blogs. Policial blogs and technical blogs are among my preferences, but I like to be entertained. Most bloggers have a limited audience and do it mostly for themselves. Some are blatant advertisements, like this one, supposedly a cigar blog, it's a shill for JR. I know that going in, but its funny and I like it. When I see you hawking your blog among your first few posts, here and at least one other cigar board, I see your need for admiration and affirmation. Around here, we call that "lookit me!".

If you want a pat on the back and a parade, go back to CigarLive. If you want to learn and possibly contibute, stick around. You're a smart lad. Quell your need for gratification and read some more.

I'm not quite sure how to put this nicely, so I'll just spit it out. Who put the stick up your ass? lol. What a great welcome! (Don't get too offended now, as you hardly offended me...) Yes I am new. Yes I'm promoting my blog. But I also contribute in three other cigar forums on an almost hourly basis. I just found cigar pass today and I am enjoying and contributing already. Your point about reviewing the cigars I don't like is very good. This is feedback I have gotten from many others and I will be changing my format accordingly. Thats why I promote my blog, so that others will not only read, but help me to make it better. Hope you get to know me better, and sooner.

Smoke well!

Anthony

You might want to slow down a bit.

Tasty smokes. I think the smaller size really deliver great flavor. The bigger sizes are ok imo but not as good as the Cg4, 88s and the little corona. I forget what it's name is.

Smoke well!

Anthony

People who join CP in order to promote their own site are not welcome here, it's also against our rules. If you want to promote your blog, go somewhere else and do it. If you want to remain a member of this community, I advise you abide by our rules.