• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione under attack

For CP's benefit, I'll post the complete philosophy, meaning and background to illusione and it' cliché’s. You get it right from the source - anyone who doubts my forthcoming information can join the ranks of the nut-job, magic bullet theory, disinformationalists that surround us every day.

Hey, don't take away my magic bullets! Now how will I use my silver-and-garlic-alloy pistol?!?!?

I've met Dion and had the pleasure of spending a few hours smoking great cigars with the man. I need no explanation from him.
I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and I have neither seen nor heard nothing that would make me believe that he is not of good character.

The article is very rude attempt by the author to grow the size of his epenis. Shame on him.

Geoff

I've met Dion and had the pleasure of spending a few hours smoking great cigars with the man. I need no explanation from him.
I consider myself a pretty good judge of character and I have neither seen nor heard nothing that would make me believe that he is not of good character.

The article is very rude attempt by the author to grow the size of his epenis. Shame on him.

Geoff

Did you pat him down for sharp objects?

Geoff

Did you pat him down for sharp objects?
No, but I plan on frisking you when you come to Disneyland. :cool:

Wow, for the little I know as of right now of cigars. That article struck me as a novice writer at most. But on a side note I really like the fact that people that actually make the cigars we smoke are involved in CP. Man what a privileged, that would be like Hines Ward chiming in on a Steeler Blog. I must say (from what I have seen so far) these cigar makers are class act, and really appreciate people like us.

David

Wow, for the little I know as of right now of cigars. That article struck me as a novice writer at most. But on a side note I really like the fact that people that actually make the cigars we smoke are involved in CP. Man what a privileged, that would be like Hines Ward chiming in on a Steeler Blog. I must say (from what I have seen so far) these cigar makers are class act, and really appreciate people like us.

David

Well said, David.

"88 ... could be the eighth letter of the alphabet, 'H.' "88," "HH," "Heil Hitler?""

REALLY? Wow, this guy is quite...entertaining? The whole article smacks of overactive imagination combined with an obvious angle against Dion for whatever reason, I'd be interested to find out what prompted it.

"88 ... could be the eighth letter of the alphabet, 'H.' "88," "HH," "Heil Hitler?""

REALLY? Wow, this guy is quite...entertaining? The whole article smacks of overactive imagination combined with an obvious angle against Dion for whatever reason, I'd be interested to find out what prompted it.

Hmmm. Then 888 must be HHH, which is obviously Hitler Huffs Habanos

Or maybe Huge Honeys Honor

Hot Heavy Hound

Heaven's Honest Hatchet

I say these things to further illuminate the complete lack of reason put into the article.

Every interaction my friend's have had with Dion has been fantastic and when I visited his shop, although he was out of town at for an L&A event, I was shown great hospitality. No doubt the naming of his vitolas is odd but that really doesn't connect with the anti-semite nazi labeling. Also Dion has maintained his composure pretty well overall considering some of the venomous things being said. Fuggin witch hunt imo and a damn shame to see

David

Amen to that one, brother. Soon as I saw he chimed in here I was super impressed. Not only do the interactions y'all have shared and reported say a ot about him, but actually stopping in to talk about it and clarify for us says just as much! Very impressive and respectable action!

Gary Artz.....erily similar to McCarthyism. Far fetched, speculative accusations that are brought to a ravenous, condemning population. Anyone who takes this guy seriously should have their head examined. When did he stop writing about cigars and turn into Geraldo Rivera? He's probably best suited writing for the National Enquirer.

Illusione cigars are great cigars. What Dion names them is his business, and frankly, none of mine....just don't have Pepin touch them...OK?

Dion, if you answer to this guy's BS...you're validating him...and that's what he wants.

The Jim Jones thing was probably a bad decision in retrospect. In the hyper-sensitive society we live in, how did you think people would react to that? Now I totally agree with the Che Guevara line of thinking. How people can romanticize about a man, who said many times, that during the Cuban Missile Crisis...if he was in the control room, he "would have pushed the button". And people use his face as their avatar and on their tee shirts. Sad. But it's a stretch with Jim Jones. Get rid of him and center on your product. What about using chicks with big tits?

Now, keep the quality of your cigars consistent and drop the prices 50% so I can buy twice as many.

Peace.

I have had the pleasure of sharing smokes with Dion in his shop on many occasions and I am surprised that someone would actually put in print something so far off base without ever discussing or interviewing with the subject before publishing. This could have been accomplished over the phone. Truly shameful and sad to read considering how gullible most readers are when it comes to the Internet and taking it as gospel (no pun intended). I have enjoyed smoking many of your blends and look forward to the many more creations you have in store for us in the future.

While he never did answer my PM on where I could buy his cigars in Europe... :p :sign:

I think Dion is a true BOTL and his very tasty cigars are tributes to how much he loves the life.

I guess I'm a Neo-Nazi too... you know because I live in Germany and speak German :rolleyes:

*edit*

Editor's Note: Dion's response and many other differing opinions from cigar community members can be found in two forum threads on Cigar Review and Cigar Weekly. This article makes no conclusions and is merely speculation of the writer.

Where is the CP love?

Publishing something like that is disgraceful. Hiding behind "merely speculation" when you know it's an accusation, is a crock, too.

I guess I'm a Neo-Nazi too... you know because I live in Germany and speak German :rolleyes:

His packaging (or at least the "88" and "mk") would almost certainly be not exportable to Germany. Where few people on CP see the parallel between the graphic identity and Nazi iconography, the German authorities are 99% sure to see it a different way.

The explanation (link), which I find believable if a little nutty, is irrelevant - perhaps a good lesson in the law of unintended consequences.