• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm Back

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
Hello all, and a welcome to all Newbies who've joined in the past 11 months.

Last May, The Bride and I took one of our annual / semi-annual get-aways to Cuba, and the focus of the trip was to review where we were in our lives. While I loved my job, I hated the position I was in at the company I worked for, as did she, we basically weren't happy with where we were living, so we decided to change things. Away from work, I was spending wayyyyy too much time participating in boards relating to my various hobbies; smoking (both cigars and pipes), motorcyles, shaving and coffee. So the first step was to self-impose an exile from all boards.

Next came a job search that was intended to also include a move (and I'm sure many of you know the stresses that come along with this).

So, Cole's Notes:

We've relocated back to the place we always called home, Newfoundland. I went from Stores / Warehouse Management & Purchasing to Outside Sales for a PV&F Supplier, and The Bride, in a search within the bank she works for, ended up a promotion in the move. We left Ontario the latter part of September and started our new careers October 6th. The past 7 months have been super busy with me on a learning curve that would rival Mt Everest, and us busy with the new digs. Matter of fact, there's still family we haven't seen yet, let alone make all contacts with old friends.

So, things are slowly getting settled and we have more lesiure time and I've been anxious to get back into the swing of the hobbies, albeit not to the point and the time I was spending before.

Rod probably knows I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks. I've been trying to get the lay of the land and see what's what and who's who now. I see many changes, some good and some .................. well, OK, I won't bring up any issues or bad memories for anyone.

Reading back and going through some of the drama of late and the past several months, I was wondering if I should make CP a regular stop or not. Then the ending to the Tom / Chris situation made up my mind that no matter how many good / great people are around, there will be disagreements, and the way this one ended and was solved, reminded me of why I want to be a contributing member of CP. Well done guys!!! :thumbs:

One thing I will miss here in NL is the easy access I had to USPS, and to those of you who bitch them out, try dealing with Canada Post for a while and see how you like it then!!! :laugh:

Yowzas, talk about a life change! Good on you for following through, and welcome back!

Welcome back!! Congrats on all the new changes, sounds like things are in good order!

Welcome back!! Congrats on all the new changes, sounds like things are in good order!

Thanks. In order somewhat, but at times the "learning curve" is frustrating, and working hard on projects that will come to fruition years down the road is hard to take sometimes.

However, as Kid Rock says "I got what I wished for so I ain't gonna bitch".

Welcome back Newfie, and it's good that things are getting into better order for you now.