• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm headed to a cigar shop today...

Wow, without knowing your tastes, flavor profile preferences and budget, this is virtually an impossible question. That being said, I am smoking an LFD Limitado III and I think these are excellent. Illusione cigars are one of the current buzz cigars that seem to be making big waves. Of course, Tatuaje brown labels and Padron 64s and 1926s always hit the spot!

What have you been smoking lately?
That might give a clue to some suggestions we can come up for you.

Of course you can always pick up some for me :sign:

Well, I liked the way the RYJ (pressed, not sure what kind) that I got in my sampler today smelled, so I picked up an RYJ Rothchilde en Tubo (in an aluminum tube, hence 'el tubo') and a Punch Gusto (in an aluminum tube too).

Both have nice construction, smooth wrappers, and a tightly bunched foot, plus they smell good.

Hopefully I can smoke my last Mac '68 tonight, so I can do a review.

For future reference, you might get lucky and meet the owner or some other tobacconist. Be candid with him. He'll set you up with some selections appropriate to your level of experience.

Tried a Tatiana Rum yesterday. Not big on flavored but pretty good Have a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 to try also.

If you have found a good store then learn to trust the tobaccanist. Thats what we are here for is to help.

If you have found a good store then learn to trust the tobaccanist. Thats what we are here for is to help.

I see you're following the "read more post less" rule to the letter. ;)

This was my first excursion into this particular shop. It is more of a "tobacco smoking accessories" store (emphasis on smoking accessories :whistling: ). Although, I don't mind a Dutch Apple hookah every once in a while...YUMMY

They had a LARGE assortment of Acid, CAO, and bundled cigars; then there was a couple different boxes of everything else.

I think I'll stick to online/trade/passes to fill my cooler(s)

That reminds me, does anyone use the peltier junction coleman cooler? There's one on the curb near my house, and since I am about as cheap as one can be, I'm up for anything free.

CeeMmm,

Usually too busy running the shop and smoking to post. Besides I've only been smoking cigars about 25 or so yrs and I have found there are a bunch here that already have all the answers so my input would not be needed. :)

Trades and passes are one of the best ways to try a variety of smokes if you do not have a quality tobacconist in your area. Although I will take a pass on the hookah.

One hint for your coolerdor, if no one else has mentioned it to you, put a label or index on each one so you know whats in there. Trust me on this one, or you might spend a whole lot of time looking for what you want someday.

CeeMmm,

Usually too busy running the shop and smoking to post. Besides I've only been smoking cigars about 25 or so yrs and I have found there are a bunch here that already have all the answers so my input would not be needed. :)

Trades and passes are one of the best ways to try a variety of smokes if you do not have a quality tobacconist in your area. Although I will take a pass on the hookah.

One hint for your coolerdor, if no one else has mentioned it to you, put a label or index on each one so you know whats in there. Trust me on this one, or you might spend a whole lot of time looking for what you want someday.

Thanks for the idea. I think I've found a use for that old whiteboard...YAY...One more thing to show the wife "See...that WAS useful after all." :D

Yeah, just to go with what others have said, if you know someything specific you like, ask the shop owner and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

As for liking the RyJ's, try the Reserva Real, they are my favorite RyJ's.

Punches, they are all great for the money. I like the champion a lot, and the Rare Corojo's are good too.

Perhaps you should try more of a cigar shop than a smoke shop if there are any in your area?

Yeah, just to go with what others have said, if you know someything specific you like, ask the shop owner and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

As for liking the RyJ's, try the Reserva Real, they are my favorite RyJ's.

Punches, they are all great for the money. I like the champion a lot, and the Rare Corojo's are good too.

Perhaps you should try more of a cigar shop than a smoke shop if there are any in your area?

Unfortunately, that seems to be the best I have found in and around Madison, WI. I went looking for another place that sold cigars, but nobody was there, and the sign said "Open 9 - " that's it. Oh well...I'll keep searching...If anyone knows of a place within an hour from Stoughton, WI, that is where I would go.

I just bought boondoggle's lot from Sunday, and hope to convince the wife that I need to participate in a newbie sampler. Otherwise it looks like a long slow internet journey.