• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm not looking for sympathy

Also in the paying-attention group. Let me know of anything i can do.

-Trey

Ok, I just trolled Facebook. He celebrated a birthday, moved into a new house and here is the latest message from him dated 10/8.

Tuesday October 6th, I had my 3rd round of my latest chemo. I've been holding off on the updates because I wanted to find out if they were all going to kick my ass as bad as the 1st one did. It was a rough one and made me think that maybe it was time to stop, and had Bev worried that I was losing my battle. The Oncologist convinced me to try one more, which I did. The results were much better. I got through it without nearly the hangover I experienced with the first one. Tuesday's chemo (the third with these drugs, was pretty uneventful as well, but it is only Thursday and anything is still possible. I had a substitute Oncologist this week and he scheduled a PET scan sometime over the next 2 weeks. If things are maintaing or shrinking, we will stay with the current course of therapy, but if I am experiencing growth, I will be switched to another new chemo that just finished clinical trials. I am pretty tired today but fatigue comes with this disease and the longer I have it the more fatigue I will experience. I am still pushing myself to stay active and positive. For those that don't know, Bev and I sold our Homestead Home and close on it tomorrow. We purchased a smaller home that will be easier for her to maintain when the time comes. We will close on that house Monday. We are moving to Leo, close to daughter Aimee and her husband Jason. It will be good to have family near to assist Bev when necessary. I gained 7 pounds between cycles after I had just bought 2 pairs of 34 waist jeans. (of course) Oh, I became a hero at the VA oncology clinic this week. I took DeBrands truffles to all of the caregivers I have had the pleasure to meet. Very special people in my book. Please continue with your support, I am pushing with all of your strength against a strong enemy. I appreciate your help. Thanks to all of you, you are the greatest.
Until next time....me

Glad to hear that you're still in the fight and that you can personally show your appreciation to all the people that are fighting with you.  Keep it up!

Steve,

I  don't know you but from your posts here in the the forums.  You are a hell of a fighter.  Keep it up my BOTL  you will be in my thoughts,  we are all pulling for you.

any new news!

From Facebook (he hasn't responded to my friend request but his postings are publicly viewable):

Update 33:
I have now been through (I believe) 26 Chemo treatments over 19 months. I am tired. If the next PET Scan shows we are able, I will be switched to a new chemo that was developed to fight squamous cell carcenoma but has shown to be somewhat effective in treating adeno carcenoma, which is what I have. I am now at the end of available drugs unless something new pops up pretty quickly. So i am posting this today to tell all of you about Thanksgiving. Mostly the Thankful part of this holiday. When I was younger, I didn't fully understand the value of gathering as a family to share time together telling our stories from the past year. As I got older, the wisdom of Thanksgiving developed. Now as I fight to survive, I have a full appreciation of the goodness of this Holiday. This year, I need to thank all of you for supporting me in your own way while I fight cancer. It is a terrible disease that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, of which I have zero. I am thankful. I want to thank the friends I have made over the years for all they have done with, to and for me. You've made me a much better man. Thank you. I want to thank my family for how hard they try to do the right thing in any given situation. You have all grown to be remarkable adults. Someday, you will understand how much worry that alone has eliminated.Thank you. I want to thank all of the oncology staffers that have been a part of extending my life. You have helped me to help others in facing lifes challenges. Thank you more than I can even say. Thank you to Dan Maucher, Mark Maucher and the whole ABM family for allowing me to earn my living working with and for a great group of people.
Nothing short of a miracle will allow me to see another Thanksgiving with all of you and that saddens me. So, for me, I will live tomorrow to celebrate the love we have shared and do my part to insure it continues into the next generations.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Love,
me