• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In Case You Didn't Know.....

StogieFarts

Burning your finger with a torch lighter really, really hurts. I just wanted to make that known, in case any of you thought that it might tickle, or perhaps feel like a nice, cool sensation on your skin. It doesn't.

It sort of feels like a cross between a venomous cobra bite, and finger banging a volcano. In fact, I never knew that skin could melt that fast. I think I may sue Colibri for not putting an engraved warning on this lighter that it can really, honestly burn you.

Yep, microtorch flames are hot. I've used my Blazer to repair borosilicate glassware. That's melting glass.

Wilkey

I burned myself over the 4th of July when I was holding my Avo in one hand and my torch in the other and trying to light fireworks! Mine was minor however since its healed up nicely in a few days.

According to the Engineering Tool Box, the combustion temperature of butane in "air" (not pure O2) is 1970 C, or about 3578 F.

Yep, that'll leave a mark...... :0

Let's be careful out there - B.B.S.

I've never burnt my fingers with a torch but have singed one of my eyebrows before. :laugh:

Yeah, I've burned my goatee trying to re-light a cigar getting down to the nub stage. I've even felt my nose get a little uncomfortably hot.

Don't hold it up to your ear and try to listen for escaping gas, when you think it is empty. Its not much fun when it lights and burns your ear up.

Don't hold it up to your ear and try to listen for escaping gas, when you think it is empty. Its not much fun when it lights and burns your ear up.
LOL, sounds like a man speaking from experience... :whistling:

Man, that sucks........

afi_burningstickman.gif

afi_DoNotSetYour.jpg

Burning your finger with a torch lighter really, really hurts. I just wanted to make that known, in case any of you thought that it might tickle, or perhaps feel like a nice, cool sensation on your skin. It doesn't.

It sort of feels like a cross between a venomous cobra bite, and finger banging a volcano. In fact, I never knew that skin could melt that fast. I think I may sue Colibri for not putting an engraved warning on this lighter that it can really, honestly burn you.

ROTFLMAO!

Let's see some pictures of the carnage! :rolleyes:

....it's probably OK to listen for gas, it's hammering on the start button while it's there that will get you into trouble... :whistling:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Yep, microtorch flames are hot. I've used my Blazer to repair borosilicate glassware. That's melting glass.

Wilkey

Yep. I've soldered wires with mine.

I've singed my fingers trying to touch up a nubber, wasn't bad though. It get's your attention real quick.

The ear thing is funny (but not). That's twice I've seen that mentioned here in the last week or so. Hmmmm...

....it's probably OK to listen for gas, it's hammering on the start button while it's there that will get you into trouble... :whistling:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Ahhh I blame the alcohol... Makes me stronger than I realize....

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.
Ahhh I blame the alcohol... Makes me stronger than I realize....
And fireproof too, apparently. :sign: :laugh:

Wilkey

You guys aren't buying this whole "fire is hot" myth, are you? If you do, the terrorists will win!

I have a cheap Chinese torch that burns for about 3 seconds after letting off the button. It takes about 1 second for it to get it from lighting a cigar to the bottom of my left shorts pocket burning to the right. This in turn leads to 20 seconds of a serious spastic dance that cause the dropping of cigars and a slew of profanity. Not pretty. The dance or damage.

As my Father used to tell me ...... dummy!

:cool:

Ithink a lot of us have experienced this phenomena. :whistling: :0

Mine is always the finger slide onto the red hot cherry as the cigar sticks to a lip, burning the ever loving snot out of the inside of the pointer and middle finger. :angry: