• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

In LA for a week..

haguc

So, I am in LA until next Tuesday and was looking to try a few beers while I am here that I can't get in the stores back in good ol' Indiana. I am a pretty big fan of IPA's which is good since CA is a big brewer of that style. So, does anyone have suggestions on what I should try while I am out here? Thanks for the help! :thumbs:

Also, if anyone is available some evening I may be able to sneak away and have a smoke. We are here visiting some of my wife's friends and going to do a few things, but we don't have a strict schedule. We are staying in Huntington Beach area for reference since I don't know the area, but figure it would be applicable.

Hmmm...
I suggest AleSmith IPS, YuleSmith, Stone Ruinition, FW Union Jack ... if you find it Hop Stoopid, Sculpin, Blind Pig, Moylan IPA.

If you can go to Newport try Goat Hill Tavern. They usually have some goods on tap.

Rod ... HERF???¿

If you are out near Pasadena there are a few spots...Verdugo Bar and Stuffed Sandwich (thanks to Justin I got to meet the beer nazi)

Goat Hill Tavern is in Costa Mesa, on Newport Blvd. I don't think it's worth your drive, but if you do make it, check out Hi-Time Wine while you're there. People from all over the country order from there. Wine, of course, is their specialty - but they also have a wide variety of spirits and beer. Cigars too, although I rarely peek into their humidor and can't speak for their current inventory.

But you're in Huntington Beach. May as well stay local. For bar service, try Huntington Beach Beer Company. It's a brewpub about a block or so from the water. For your grab and go needs, may as well just hit up BevMo. It's a chain and there's one in Huntington Beach. Decent, but not all inclusive, beer selection. Many IPA selections and will likely have more than enough variety to satisfy you.

I was going some looking for restaurants and just found Huntington Beach Beer Company. We might head over that way tomorrow for lunch.

I stopped by a Bevmo that was just a couple miles away. The store was huge, definitely the biggest beverage store I had been in. They had a good variety of Beer but I didn't really find any singles other than bombers. Are their singles in a separate section or do they not normally carry singles. I figured I would pick up a few different beers to try instead of just hitting up one selection in sixer form.

We are heading to San Diego to go to the zoo on Saturday and watching a v-ball game tomorrow night, but no other specific plans as of yet for the rest of the trip.

BevMo probably has more 12oz singles in the refrigerated section than on the shelves. Sounds like you may consider a Hi-Time run worth your while. Most of their singles are of the 12oz variety. Offhand, I can't think of another place near you with an equal or better selection, and flexibility of mixing and matching singles, that wouldn't rape your wallet.

Also, since you'll be trekking to San Diego, you do realize that is the Mecca of your stated beer style, right? Stone Brewing, AleSmith Brewing, Port Brewing, et al... You just may wanna send the family away for a lil' "away from Dad time" while you tour the promised land. Rename this misses "designated driver" :).

Hmmm...
I suggest AleSmith IPS, YuleSmith, Stone Ruinition, FW Union Jack ... if you find it Hop Stoopid, Sculpin, Blind Pig, Moylan IPA.

If you can go to Newport try Goat Hill Tavern. They usually have some goods on tap.

Rod ... HERF???¿

If you are out near Pasadena there are a few spots...Verdugo Bar and Stuffed Sandwich (thanks to Justin I got to meet the beer nazi)

I have tried Ruination.. talk about hops! :) I might grab an Alesmith though as I have heard good things about it. Blind Pig is another one I have heard quite a bit about too. Not sure where all we will be, tomorrow and Saturday during the day are booked now, Saturday night, Sunday, and Monday are still pretty open so far....

Also, since you'll be trekking to San Diego, you do realize that is the Mecca of your stated beer style, right? Stone Brewing, AleSmith Brewing, Port Brewing, et al... You just may wanna send the family away for a lil' "away from Dad time" while you tour the promised land. Rename this misses "designated driver" :).

Not sure how long we will be at the zoo, maybe I can work things out, we don't really have any other plans while down there.