• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Increased Police Prescence Today

amateuraficionado

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone in their travels has noticed an increased police presence today, locally or on the highways.

As a matter of fact I saw not one police office today. I usually take the railroad to work so not seeing an officer is normal, but this morning I drove part of the way and then took the subway and still saw none.

As a matter of fact I saw not one police office today. I usually take the railroad to work so not seeing an officer is normal, but this morning I drove part of the way and then took the subway and still saw none.

I figured I'd ask because I generally keep an eye out for police because I drive like a bat out of hell. I've been driving the same roads in and out of NY for the last 5 years and it's not uncommon for me to see a police car hidden on rt. 440 and 278 in Staten Island a few times a week. I've even seen two on occasion, but have only seen three maybe once. This morning on a 10 mile stretch of hwy in NY, there were FIVE police cars hidden on off/on ramps and in the bushes, with another two cars having people pulled over on the side of the road. That's seven total and I've never seen anywhere near that number in such close proximity to one another in such a short period of time.

WOW that is where all the cops were this morning on my commute into Manhattan. The stretch of road I was on was the belt parkway from Long Island to exit 17.

I had breakfast this morning with a Homicide Detective and a Sheriff Deputy, does that count?

Amateuraficianado; speaking of driving like a bat out of hell. Each morning as I drive the 25 miles to my office I am passed by a Dodge Magnum with the license plate that basically spells "lead foot" (although not that exact spelling). The license plate frame says "I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying". Well yesterday morning he blew by me as usual (I drive 80 so he was doing at least 95) and a few minutes later a Highway Patrol unit flies by me with his rear emergency lights on. I get up to my offramp and there at the bottom is "lead Foot" waiting for the light to turn green and the CHP unit behind him still with rear lights only on. As soon as the light turns green the cruiser lights up like a Christmas tree and ole "Lead Foot" is busted. :laugh:

I didn't get passed by him this morning and it will be interesting to see how fast he drives from here on out.

Without saying things I can't talk about I'll say this:

I have 3 Illinois National Guard units up in and around Chicago...........I'm very busy today, make your own assumption why.

I have 3 Illinois National Guard units up in and around Chicago...........I'm very busy today, make your own assumption why.
Keeping the dead from voting?

Doc.

Be careful out there Brickhouse. Things may get a little wierd especially if a certain side miracleously (sp?) does not get their way!

Doc.

Ha ha Doc...... Those fuggers

Be careful out there Brickhouse. Things may get a little wierd especially if a certain side miracleously (sp?) does not get their way!

;)

I did ~70 miles on the Florida Turnpike today at high speed and didn't really notice much out of the ordinary. Perhaps slightly more city/county cars and fewer FHP cars on the road than usual, but they were all going in the opposite direction from me. More left lane slowpokes than usual though.

Anyone who wants advice on radar detectors, laser jammers, and other speed enforcement countermeasures, please feel free to PM me.

Doc.

I don't know, Doc - more likely the Chicago "machine" is calling all to help the dead vote! :laugh: