• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Indy 500

Hot Coffee

Any fans or people attending?

I've been I don't know how many years straight but I've got work this year.

I'm normally not a big racing fan, this is sometimes the only race I'll watch all year, but man is this an awesome event to see live.

It's the only auto race I've ever been to and likely ever will attend. I miss it dearly having left Indiana a few years back. I had gone to almost every race from 1987-1994. And every carb day. And every pole day.

I still watch it on TV, but it's nothing like it used to be.

I'll probably go next year, but I couldn't get it done this year.

I went religiously for 10 years before the IRL/Champ split. Have not been that much of a fan during the split years, I think it was a horrible decision that really did no justice for open wheel racing. Now that they are back together I think it will be much better. I am not going, but will definitely be watching. I think the rivalry of Marco and Danica is going to only get better.

Dave

I am a NASCAR fan, but even I know that real race cars don't have fenders or doors.

Doc.

I went religiously for 10 years before the IRL/Champ split. Have not been that much of a fan during the split years, I think it was a horrible decision that really did no justice for open wheel racing. Now that they are back together I think it will be much better. I am not going, but will definitely be watching. I think the rivalry of Marco and Danica is going to only get better.

Dave
Can you fill me in on the Danica/Marco rivalry? Must have missed it.

Oh, and I got off work :thumbs: I'll be on the inside part of the track, a little passed the start/finish behind the pits. Woohoo, can't wait.