• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Infinity - A Tribute

Pugman1943

Infinity, folks here might not believe it, but you and I got to finally met two nights ago.

When I joined CP, you had already left for higher places, and to this day I don't know what happened. The folks here just say he was one hell of a guy. Well, now I get to agree with that statement, but I must explain less Doc gives me a square needle in the left nut or some of the other guys figure out a worse torture.

A ways back I found I liked Fuente, and of course then I found out about the Anjeo. Trouble! I don't have a lot of B&M's near me, so I found Tampa Sweetheart, got their "special" list and there they were, a 6er of Anjeo at a decent price. I'm so smart I couldn't stand it, and so I'm on CP and the guys are talking about this and that; when someone suddenly says "too bad you can't get a 50 anymore. Well ,dang, I didn't even know there was a 50.

I chimed in and said I had the 6er, but it's too bad I'll never see at 50.

Your right buddy, these folks are pretty great. Out of the clear blue sky I get mail from Gavin saying he is sending me two 50's. What made this so special and the reason for this note to you is, they were from your collection (and Gavin tells me 2008).

This year I was invited to be a Xmas Santa, and I included one of those 50's, as I believe you need to share with others also, but I still have one sitting here so I'm ok. Well, two nights ago was just a splendid evening, lite breeze, 70's, I lite the torches in the yard and got two fingers of Courvoisier and put that on the table. Now the big question, what to smoke? Open the hum and still in the bag from Gavin is your 50. I can't explain it, but it called out to me and said tonight was the right night.

Have to tell you brother, that is one wonderful smoke, and I don't say that to hear myself talk. Smooth, sultry, volume of smoke and just flat ass nice. It paired well with the Courvoisier and I tell you no lie, it went right to the nub (no toothpicks).

Do you think anyone here will believe we had a great conversation? Well, maybe some. It was just lite chatter while we shared a drink and a smoke together. Thank you for being the person that you were. You are alive with us and the thoughts are always of the highest calibre. I figured I owed you this since I can't do it in person.

One last question. Can you smoke up there?

Infinity, folks here might not believe it, but you and I got to finally met two nights ago.

When I joined CP, you had already left for higher places, and to this day I don't know what happened. The folks here just say he was one hell of a guy. Well, now I get to agree with that statement, but I must explain less Doc gives me a square needle in the left nut or some of the other guys figure out a worse torture.

A ways back I found I liked Fuente, and of course then I found out about the Anjeo. Trouble! I don't have a lot of B&M's near me, so I found Tampa Sweetheart, got their "special" list and there they were, a 6er of Anjeo at a decent price. I'm so smart I couldn't stand it, and so I'm on CP and the guys are talking about this and that; when someone suddenly says "too bad you can't get a 50 anymore. Well ,dang, I didn't even know there was a 50.

Your right buddy, these folks are pretty great. Out of the clear blue sky I get mail from Gavin saying he is sending me two 50's. What made this so special and the reason for this note to you is, they were from your collection (and Gavin tells me 2008).

This year I was invited to be a Xmas Santa, and I included one of those 50's, as I believe you need to share with others also, but I still have one sitting here so I'm ok. Well, two nights ago was just a splendid evening, lite breeze, 70's, I lite the torches in the yard and got two fingers of Courvoisier and put that on the table. Now the big question, what to smoke? Open the hum and still in the bag from Gavin is your 50. I can't explain it, but it called out to me and said tonight was the right night.

Have to tell you brother, that is one wonderful smoke, and I don't say that to hear myself talk. Smooth, sultry, volume of smoke and just flat ass nice. It paired well with the Courvoisier and I tell you no lie, it went right to the nub (no toothpicks).

Do you think anyone here will believe we had a great conversation? Well, maybe some. It was just lite chatter while we shared a drink and a smoke together. Thank you for being the person that you were. You are alive with us and the thoughts are always of the highest calibre. I figured I owed you this since I can't do it in person.

and this is why Pugman is my friend and why I love this forum.

I am sure Brian would be glad to know his cigar was smoked, even if you didn't know him

Utterly Nice! Truly shows the depth of the great people on CP!!!

Sometimes what makes a cigar special is the meaning behind it. Great story, Ed. Thanks for sharing!

Nice story. That rings true. I never got to meet Brian in person but had a couple delaings with him. He was indeed one of the best.

Gary Sonovabum sent me his sticks for entry in this years fantasy football. In there was this little La Requiza box press. I had never seen that size before. I thought it looked interesting then tossed it and the others into the humi. A couple days later he pm'd me and informed me that little La Requiza was from a box that Brian had bombed him and to go ahead and smoke it. I did. All I can say is WOW! What a great smoke and time alone to reflect. I felt his presence.

While I would like to claim credit for that, I can't! It wasn't me. I hooked you up with some Johnny-O's at one point, but never any Anejos. That was some other brother.

Thats a little eerie, how did Infinity talk to him if that wasn't even his cigar?

Abso-frickin-lutly outstanding Ed.

Thats a little eerie, how did Infinity talk to him if that wasn't even his cigar?

Must've been Infinity's cigar, but from another brother.

Thanks for the story and reflection, Ed. Wish I could have known Infinity as well.

Love it. Not only did you convert that thing to ash but you passed one on to another brother so they could enjoy it. Nicely done Ed.

I'm a little confused, what do you mean you can't get a 50 anymore? Do you mean a 50 as in a No. 50 which is 5.250 x 50? Have they been discontinued or something; as I just picked up a box this past winter? ???