• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Infrared Sauna

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
Reaction score
Friend of mine found a killer deal on a Keys Backyard Sauna (Model# bs-9109) so I was wondering if anyone has used one and what are your thoughts? I log some serious time in my gym's sauna and love it so I'm seriously thinking of picking it up. I've heard the infrared saunas have even more health benefits. TIA :)

My in-laws have one. They are very popular up here with the "younger" crowd (meaning those in their 40s and younger). The older folks still prefer their rocks and steam.

Mother in law hates it, father in law loves it (less maintenance than the woodstove they had). It's definitely different than a steam sauna, but I think you get a better sweat with the infrared because you can stay in longer.

Don't forget to roll around in the snow to cool off. If you're just taking a cold shower afterward, you're not getting the "full experience". :laugh:

Parents have it. From what I remember never had a problem. But I swear they have not used it in ages.

I used one a the gym, after every workout and loved it, until some dude was in there in his tighty whities.

Get a hot tub Craig.

I used one a the gym, after every workout and loved it, until some dude was in there in his tighty whities.

Get a hot tub Craig.

You're lucky he was wearing anything. Most people up here let it all hang out. Reason #2 I'm not really a sauna guy.

Get a hot tub Craig.

You're lucky he was wearing anything. Most people up here let it all hang out. Reason #2 I'm not really a sauna guy.

Once you start sweating, while wearing only those, they become transparent so there was really no difference. Still have nightmares about that.

Get a hot tub Craig.

Once you start sweating, while wearing only those, they become transparent so there was really no difference. Still have nightmares fantasies about that.

There, fixed it for you!

-------------------------------

Ok..so, what's the concensus: Sauna (Infa or Rock) or Hot Tub?

Get a hot tub Craig.

Once you start sweating, while wearing only those, they become transparent so there was really no difference. Still have nightmares fantasies about that.

There, fixed it for you!

I personally use our hot tub more then the sauna.

Get a hot tub Craig.

There, fixed it for you!

I personally use our hot tub more then the sauna.

Personally I like rock saunas, but my favorite is the wet eucalyptus ones. As for a hot tub, it all depends how often you think you will use it. Ours is barely used.

I vote Onsen. :D

I have neither but from past experience prefer the hot tub after exercise, especially if it is jetted. the jets kinda help get the knots out.

Fortunately my gym has a "cover your sh!t up" policy but it would still be nice to have one at home I could use more often. A hot tub would be nice Brandon. GF has been pushing for one and I could smoke in the tub :cool:

Fortunately my gym has a "cover your sh!t up" policy but it would still be nice to have one at home I could use more often. A hot tub would be nice Brandon. GF has been pushing for one and I could smoke in the tub :cool:

Exactly! Many nights are spent in the hot tub with a nice cigar and drink. Nothing is better then getting out of the hot tub and having that relaxed feeling, then sleeping like a baby.

We have a 5 person hot tub by Thermospa. Like tents, 5 person means it good for 4 and great with only 2 in it. We have had it going on 5 years and are in it, at a minimum, 4 or 5 times a week, Sep through May. In the summer we turn the heater down to 80 and still use it. It's the best on cold winter nights though. I've never been sorry we bought it. In a few more years, when the high schooler shoves off to college (last one) the 27' above ground pool is going. It's way too much work for the time spent in it.
As far as smoking in the hot tub? I'd rather enjoy a good stick with no worries of getting it wet, but ya, I smoke in it regularly with a cocktail.
Good luck,
Tom

Now how the hell did i never think of that, I smoke out on my deck literally 5 feet from the hot tub and never thought to combine the two...

I'll be trying this one out later this week.

Neighbors have one up at their cottage. It isn't anything fancy but it sure does the job after a long snowmobile ride or something of that nature. :)