• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Infusing Orange and Vodka

Boiwonder

Just making sure im doing this right. Am I suppose to use the peel of the orange or am I supposed to use the orange and smash the pulp up. Also how long should I let this sit. I'm using some Belvedere vodka that a friend of mine gave me.

Thanks Alot :D

You just use the Orange peel. Put it in the vodka and let it sit at room temperature for 10 days. Check it, it can stay for up to another 4 days if needed. Use a good quality cheese cloth to strain your vodka before storage once you think it is ready.

While you are waiting those 10 days, think of a word in English that rhymes with "Orange" and get back to me :)

If you happen to be a redneck songwriter, you might be surprised about that El Capitan :p

I was sittin in the Bar with a cold beer in my hand
When I heard a real sad song being played by the band
My baby went off and left me late last MONTH
So I took out my 45 and I shot that singer OneTH

Oh the bouncer he did hit me really hard in the eye
And I tried to hit him back, he was a really big ole guy
The next mornin I had waffles with a lot of maple Surple
Cause I noticed that my eye was an ugly shade of purple

ok ok ok, I will stop now :p :sign:

Cap'n you just spoiled all my fun. PB....I don't know what to say about that. The rule was English and not CW though :)

Make sure you only use the orange part of the peel. This is called the 'zest'. It is what adds the flavor to whatever you place it in. If you like Vanilla, place a few vanilla beans in your vodka, however, DO NOT let it sit like that for too long, or you will have some really good vanilla extract.
While you have me on the subject of Vodka, you must try STON Vodka, from Estonia. Great stuff, very smooth, and a very light flavor. Makes a killer Martini, Kamakazi, or Lemon Drop

That was the reason for the straining through the cheesecloth. If you just use the zest you have to strain, if you used sliced peel straining isn't needed as much.

Sorry guys.........I'm new to the Vodka infusion/concoction gig.......What is the 'zest' part of the peel?

Thanks in advance for the explanation. This sounds yummy. What is a good mid grade Vodka to do this infusing with? I am an Absolut drinker. Is this a good base?

M. Gipson

The zest is just the orange outside part of the peel. You can also slice it up into thin strips if you don't want to scrape plus it will be easer to remove.

Absolut will work just fine.

Back