• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Insider info about PAM 64's

Yah...I guess it sound dumb and something to stir the imagination with...but like I said, I had to believe the guy...there was no reason to think he is a lier. His credibility seems solid and his knowledge is extensive about who he's worked with, who he knows and what he knows about the cigar industry.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
Yah...I guess it sound dumb and something to stir the imagination with...but like I said, I had to believe the guy...there was no reason to think he is a lier. His credibility seems solid and his knowledge is extensive about who he's worked with, who he knows and what he knows about the cigar industry.

-Fetter
[snapback]237736[/snapback]​

I'm gonna say we all disagree with you.

The other day I was at a shop and the clerk was telling a potential customer that the Padilla 8/11 was made by Rocky Patel and that he used all the best tobaccos from the different cigar companies. Some may have thought he was reputable.

Others know better. I don't think anyone is gonna buy into the "chocolate in the padron" conspiracy.

fetterjohn said:

-Fetter

You believed those guys about the PSD4's you had too.

I hear they put a tiny bit of heroin in the 1926's.

At least that's my explanation to being hooked on them.

As a reply to the burning cocoa taste comments ... I have smoked several pipe tobacco blends that do have cocoa and/or chocolate flavorings added to them.

While I do not understand the chemistry involved, I can say that I do get background flavors of chocolate while smoking these. And it was not the flavor of burning or overheated chocolate ... but rather a semi-sweet bitterness, somewhat like good dark chocolate.

maybe we should get a food scientist to break apart a '64 and check for cocoa products.

Any food chemists around here?

It would be interested to find out what cigar companies add to cigars.
Notice on some cigars crystals on the wrapper? That doesn't seem so natural.

fetterjohn said:
...there was no reason to think he is a lier.

What is a lier? Are you calling him a jet? :laugh:

I think you mean LIAR.

Just bustin' your chops before Bill does, bro. :p

tdog said:
fetterjohn said:
...there was no reason to think he is a lier. 

What is a lier? Are you calling him a jet? :laugh:

I think you mean LIAR.

Just bustin' your chops before Bill does, bro. :p
[snapback]237777[/snapback]​
Lear...

moki said:
vewyphishy said:
Burnt cocoa/chocolate/snickers doesn't taste or smell like chocolate. Once its burned, the chemical properties change.

Ever tasted overheated chocolate? God awful. Just imagine a lot less chocolate and a lot more fire.
[snapback]237730[/snapback]​

Bah, what would you know, sheep-****er?!?
[snapback]237732[/snapback]​
Eat me. :sign:

LC-Smoker said:
fetterjohn said:
Yah...I guess it sound dumb and something to stir the imagination with...but like I said, I had to believe the guy...there was no reason to think he is a lier.  His credibility seems solid and his knowledge is extensive about who he's worked with, who he knows and what he knows about the cigar industry. 

-Fetter

You believed those guys about the PSD4's you had too.
[snapback]237745[/snapback]​

You know what...the PSD#4 are real. That's a fact, would it be so hard for someone to actually offer their customers real ISOM's?? Would it? And by the way, LC, I compared my PSD#4's to fake ones from Vitasea...so no comparison.

But more about the PAM conspiracy...I've heard from a couple of guys that the rep who told me this is a big talker...but I guaranty he knows more about the cigar industry than almost all of us here... All I can say is that that is what he said and I don't have any reason to doubt him. It's like if I told all of you that the war in Iraq is about oil and not terrorism...how many of you would argue that. We don't know...all we can go by is the reputation and credibility of those that speak. Why is it so far fetched to think that a cigar company would do something to increase orders, anyways? There little secret...our consumption! Company's do it all the time. Not that unimaginable.

-Fetter

hornetguy said:
smokelaw1 said:
moki said:
Bah, what would you know, sheep-****er?!?
[snapback]237732[/snapback]​

Anybody else see the humor in "BAH .....sheep ****er?"
[snapback]237734[/snapback]​

:laugh: shouldn't that be baaaa...?
[snapback]237805[/snapback]​
Glad someone thought that was worthy of a response. And yes, you're riht, that should be baaa... :laugh:

fetterjohn said:
It's like if I told all of you that the war in Iraq is about oil and not terrorism...how many of you would argue that.
[snapback]237907[/snapback]​

uh... I would argue that... vehemently. A lot easier to argue that the lack of war was about oil than the other way around

I guess if you're prone to governmental conspiracy theories, you'd be prone to corporate conspiracy theories as well. Makes sense (at least in terms of consistency)... but conspiracies are inherently flawed, people simply cannot keep secrets.

But that's neither here nor there. Again, I don't care who the guy is -- I'm going to have to call bull**** on it. But believe as you will.

moki said:
Again, I don't care who the guy is -- I'm going to have to call bull**** on it. But believe as you will.
[snapback]237916[/snapback]​

Ditto.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jose Padron. I've had the pleasure of sitting down in the Padron offices and having a cigar with Rudy Padron. Hearing how they speak about cigars and reading interviews in where the speak about cigars, leads me to believe that they have too much pride in their craft to add cocoa at any stage in the process, but that's just me.

You continue to believe what you want. Yes yes, we know what you believe, you've said it 5 times. No need to add it again. You have no reason to doubt him, and so on.

moki said:
but conspiracies are inherently flawed, people simply cannot keep secrets.

[snapback]237916[/snapback]​

As is the case with the guy who leaked the "Secret" from Padron. :whistling:

I will add though...that I can't say for certain that all of what he said is true or not...but it is awful funny how upset you all get at the thought that what you "know" could possibly not be.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
I will add though...that I can't say for certain that all of what he said is true or not...but it is awful funny how upset you all get at the thought that what you "know" could possibly not be.

-Fetter
[snapback]237925[/snapback]​

Some people here, John, have met with the Padróns, and discussed their cigars with them face to face. Some people here have been to the Padrón facilities in Nicaragua. If you're calling Jorge Padrón a liar, please be forthcoming with it.

I find it equally amusing that you'll put so much stock in the word of one person, when his version of things is so radically different from everyone else's.

I'm not angry or upset; believe what you want. If you like thinking you've been let in on some great conspiracy secret, that's fine. Makes no different to me if they rub the tobacco on their ass cracks before rolling it, I'd still smoke 'em, because they taste incredible.

Last time for me... I'm calling bull**** on this one. ;)

I got to save John! I talked to Steve at Rocky Patel. He did say that. He wouldn't give up his source inside Padron. I talked to him a little longer and he's full of it. Pulled one over on John. Oh and by the way, the Padilia is made for them by the good folks at Havana House(Tatauje). Look at the size charts for both.

moki said:
fetterjohn said:

-Fetter
[snapback]237925[/snapback]​

Some people here, John, have met with the Padróns, and discussed their cigars with them face to face. Some people here have been to the Padrón facilities in Nicaragua. If you're calling Jorge Padrón a liar, please be forthcoming with it.

[snapback]237942[/snapback]​
Drew, on a technical level, someone would have to ask old man Padron if he adds anything to his cigars before you could judge him a liar or not.

Second, again on a technical level, you could add cocoa flavor to tobacco without actually adding anything to the tobacco. For instance, if you were to take a cigarette and enclose it with whole bean coffee it would take on the flavor of coffee, even when the smoke does not actually touch the beans or oils from the beans.

Not supporting any of the bullsh!t that Drew raised the flag to, just playing the devils advocate.

Emo

emodx said:
Drew, on a technical level, someone would have to ask old man Padron if he adds anything to his cigars before you could judge him a liar or not.
[snapback]237960[/snapback]​

True. I'm suggesting that someone has. ;)

emodx said:
Second, again on a technical level, you could add cocoa flavor to tobacco without actually adding anything to the tobacco. For instance, if you were to take a cigarette and enclose it with whole bean coffee it would take on the flavor of coffee, even when the smoke does not actually touch the beans or oils from the beans.

Not supporting any of the bullsh!t that Drew raised the flag to, just playing the devils advocate.
[snapback]237960[/snapback]​

That's definitely true as well -- Fuente cures Opus X tobacco in rum barrels, for instance. That type of thing is common practice in the cigar industry, to use something that changes the way the tobacco cures. It's distinct from actually infusing a flavor into a cigar though, or... heh... rubbing cocoa on the wrapper. :)