• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interesting Articles on Cuba...

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
One perspective on the current state of affairs in Cuba....

LINK

Here's another take, there are two parts to this sobering narrative...

1) LINK

2) LINK

Good read Gary. The place is an El Dorado for most CC smokers but from the article it sounds like just another 3rd world country, even worse than Mexico. It'll be interesting to see the changes when the US sanctions are finally lifted, which I hope will happen in my life time. While I'm sure a few places like Havana and some coastal resorts will greatly benefit, will the general population rise out of the squalor they are living in? Also, will it totally screw the quality of the smokes due to a production increase? We'll have to wait and see.

Personally, Havana reminds me of Escape from New York without Snake Pliskin. John

Johnny-O! said:
Personally, Havana reminds me of Escape from New York without Snake Pliskin. John

I've been waiting for your response John. It's sad to hear it first hand though.

I was talking to a friend the other day who lives in Germany & Switzerland and he was in Havana late last year. He compared it to Mad Max times and then joked about Detroit (we used to work together and did a lot of work for the car companies in Detroit) being similar.

http://youtu.be/5aOWZSzxEEA

Thanks for sharing!  I've been reading a book about the Bacardi family and the history of Cuba, so I found the articles of particular interest.