• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Interesting OPUS Ebay Auction

99 cents plus 10 bucks shipping seems like a nice deal for a desktop full of possible fakes. Wouldn't pay more than $50 for it though.

What leans you towards possible fakes? A lot of people simply start auctions at low prices to encourage early bidding.
Chris

What leans you towards possible fakes? A lot of people simply start auctions at low prices to encourage early bidding.
Chris

Simple, I don't trust the source, and I have no way of authenticating the product in question with the pictures provided.

How much would those be worth if real? Not that I would want to take the risk of bidding and ending up with fakes...

Either counterfeit, or if they had been sold with serial numbers, they'd now be filed off! He wants the buyer to pay with funds that can't be reversed or disputed.

real or not.... it's already a hot item with six days left to go. Either way it'll be interesting to watch.

Well, one thing for sure...they're not the ones that were stolen from me....

Well, one thing for sure...they're not the ones that were stolen from me....

ROFL!

Reference the ebay item, interesting indeed. I am currently trying to get rid of a box of acid 1400ccs, but i am pretty sure you can sell em on ebay right?? hmmmmm....seems sheisty to me!

Im 99% sure you can't sell tobacco on ebay, just like you "can't" purchase it through PayPal. If I read the listing right, he's trying to get around the rules by saying the bands are what he is really selling. If ebay thinks the sticks are part of the auction I'm sure it will get closed.

Im 99% sure you can't sell tobacco on ebay, just like you "can't" purchase it through PayPal. If I read the listing right, he's trying to get around the rules by saying the bands are what he is really selling. If ebay thinks the sticks are part of the auction I'm sure it will get closed.

It's a loophole. If you sell them as a collectible item, not for the purpose of smoking, then it's OK to sell them on ebay. You say that you're selling the "bands" on the cigars, which may still be intact. Shady, but pretty common.

When I was looking for Opus or Anejos online, a lot of Ebay stuff came up. Seems like all you have to do is put a disclaimer that you are selling the band or box as collector items and the cigars were left in there to preserve the bands. LOL! They also say the cigars are not to be consumed. So, that's how they get away with it.

It's insane though, the amount of people willing to pay a premium for these cigars. Just look at Cbid. All opuses go for over $25 minimum. WTF!

Andrew

I placed a cheapy bid last night, and woke up this morning to this email...

Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

250220133974 - Cigar Humidor w/ Opus X bands Beautiful!

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this auction-style listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:
- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.
- The sale of the item may be prohibited by eBay.
- The sale of the item may be prohibited by law.
- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing should not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

I placed a cheapy bid last night, and woke up this morning to this email...

Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

250220133974 - Cigar Humidor w/ Opus X bands Beautiful!

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this auction-style listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:
- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.
- The sale of the item may be prohibited by eBay.
- The sale of the item may be prohibited by law.
- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing should not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

I guess they didn't believe the cigars were just there to preserve those "collector bands" either. :sign: