• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ipad part deux

redraider

Whoa Thats Cold
Who plans on getting one?

I am :thumbs: The wife uses "mine" all the time anyways!! :laugh: Good excuse to get one for myself.

Ive got the first one; only if I could sell it would I replace it with the new one.

Not enough improvements for me. I think Android tablets like the Motorola Xoom and new Samsung Galaxy Tab are going to make up some serious ground on Apple. The specs on the Xoom exceed the Apple, plus it is (or will soon be) 4G.

Not thrilled to hear Apple will be releasing iPad 3 within 6 months. Typical Apple fashion, they release features little by little which allows them to sell more product. Sucks for the customers.

I'll wait until the gen 3 comes out. I'm going to be piloting several tablet devices over the next month, including the Samsung Galaxy and Motorola Zoom. Not even going to touch the playbook. Waiting for Microsoft to make their big debut; they sure are slow on the tablet front...

Not thrilled to hear Apple will be releasing iPad 3 within 6 months. Typical Apple fashion, they release features little by little which allows them to sell more product. Sucks for the customers.

I'll wait until the gen 3 comes out. I'm going to be piloting several tablet devices over the next month, including the Samsung Galaxy and Motorola Zoom. Not even going to touch the playbook. Waiting for Microsoft to make their big debut; they sure are slow on the tablet front...

My thoughts exactly Rod. They say iPad 3 is going to be the one to write home about.

Although, I do think they did pretty well on iPad 2. Two cameras, dual core A5, slimmer, not too bad.

Not a fan of Crapple products, plus Android is a hell of a lot better imho. (no flash no thanks)

Sent from my T959 CM7

My thoughts exactly Rod. They say iPad 3 is going to be the one to write home about.

Although, I do think they did pretty well on iPad 2. Two cameras, dual core A5, slimmer, not too bad.

I was disappointed by their upgrades, or lack thereof. No SD slot, no 4g, no display upgrade, substandard camera upgrades (VGA front camera...really? Too bad the rumors were true there), explicitly no battery improvements, and the OS has minimal front end changes. The memory rumors are particularly concerning. Apple hasn't given an official answer, so far as I've heard. The latest rumor is 512 megs, a bare minimum for practically any device.

I really expected Apple to step up to the plate with battery and screen, and I wouldn't expect any less than a gig of ram.

While they're at it, Gorilla Glass would have also been on my list of expectations.

I'm on the fence and thinking xoom vs iPad2. Now with iPad 3 on the radar inside of 2011 maybe jumping in for 2nd gen stuff is best handled by delaying purchase. Thx for this thread discussions.

I havent heard that Ipad 3 was going to be released this year.. I might have to rethink getting the 2 and wait on the 3. Is this all just rumor, or are you guys pretty confident the 3 will be out this year.

Thanks

Call me a troglodyte, but I just don't get the whole tablet computing thing.

My Lenovo laptop rocks, and is what I use when I travel or am sitting outside. My desktop with a great keyboard and a lovely 24" monitor is fast, powerful, and a pleasure to use.

I won't be getting an iPad. I like the Android based tablets a lot better. I am going to be getting a Galaxy or Xoom soon...

My Lenovo laptop rocks, and is what I use when I travel or am sitting outside. My desktop with a great keyboard and a lovely 24" monitor is fast, powerful, and a pleasure to use.

Nah...You're just a Neanderthal.

I'm just saying, The Oatmeal is much like a prophet when it comes to this topic. It's a pretty funny comic he made about these situations that seem to regularly come up with Apple:

The Oatmeal: What It's Like to Own an Apple Product

Enjoy!

Highly doubtful iPad 3 comes out this year. Apple if nothing else is consistent. 4 iPhones so far, all almost exactly a year apart. Same with the iPod and most of their other hardware.

I'm wondering if those that trash ios have used it for any length of time? I had an iPhone for 2+ years and loved nearly everything about ios. Have now had an Android phone for 9 months and hate it. Slow, quirky, buggy, counter intuitive pain in the ass. My 2nd gen iPhone can run circles around my "state of the art" HTC EVO 4G. Unfortunately att can suck my cock & bullocks and I don't care for verizon either so I'm stuck. I will buy a wifi iPad 2 though. I want my ios back and it's a killer device if you ask me.

Nah...You're just a Neanderthal.
....I mean, is it as easy to type on as my BlackBerry Storm phone? Yeah, baby, that's for me.......;)

....I mean, is it as easy to type on as my BlackBerry Storm phone? Yeah, baby, that's for me.......;)

Surprisingly, my ten fingers fit very nicely on the screen of the Xoom. There is a bluetooth keyboard, if I am really so inclined, but the Motion tablet has a keyboard built into the cover, and I almost never used it. Then again, the Motion does handwriting recognition.

I think it's all about your personal need. My partner has a conventional laptop that works well for her as a student. For my purposes, I need a larger screen than my phone, a form factor smaller than a conventional laptop so my arms aren't dead by the end of the day, one that fits comfortably in a satchel or saddlebags, and I am not required to stop and find a desk or sit down to answer a work email, IM, or do a stock trade, and I need a full day of actual use on a charge (I hate carrying around extra batteries just to do 14-18 hours). The last one is a dealbreaker for me. I need the screen and connectivity ON no less than 14 hours in a typical day. That I can ditch my Sony Reader in the process is a plus when traveling.

Rather get a Notion Ink Adam Tablet Kicks most tablets butts to bad hard as hell to get.