• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

iPod Help

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
I recently got an iPod but can't seem to get iTunes to recognize it. My pc recognizes it fine but not iTunes. I've gone through each step in the troubleshooting section of Apple's site to no avail. Any ideas? TIA

for whatever its worth sheriff....the very first ipod i bought i had the same problem. i ended up taking it the the apple store and they said it was defective. hopefully youll get out easier than that.

good luck

Seems to be somewhat of a common issue. Here are some instructions I followed which fixed it right up.

1. Since Win XP recognized my iPod (it appeared in My Computer as a drive) but iTunes didn't, right click on the iPod in My Computer and then format the iPod hard drive (this takes some time).
2. Disconnect the iPod and reboot your computer.
3. Restart iTunes
4. After this, I connected my iPod with iTunes running, and lo and behold, iTunes recognized the iPod.

My iPod has worked pretty well so far. I would also suggest that you download the latest firmware for your player.

Thanks for all the helpful posts! I finally called technical support and had to reinstall iTunes. It was some weird problem with administrative permission in the config. Works great now. Now I'm trying to figure out the quickest and easiest way to convert my .avi and .mpeg files to iPod's .mp4 format.