• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is it bad of me?

Friggame

Alright i do alot of BBQ'n over the course of a year for friends/Family. It has taken me a very long time to perfect some of my Sauces and rubs. I am always getting requests for recipies for one of my BBQ sauces and one of my rubs in particular. I always joke with the asker and say if i told you the seceret you would no longer want to come to my BBQ's as a nice way to say no. Well my sister in law is asking for the BBQ sauce recipie and she is not taking that answer. So it looks like i am going to have to just say NO. Should i reconsider?

Alright i do alot of BBQ'n over the course of a year for friends/Family. It has taken me a very long time to perfect some of my Sauces and rubs. I am always getting requests for recipies for one of my BBQ sauces and one of my rubs in particular. I always joke with the asker and say if i told you the seceret you would no longer want to come to my BBQ's as a nice way to say no. Well my sister in law is asking for the BBQ sauce recipie and she is not taking that answer. So it looks like i am going to have to just say NO. Should i reconsider?

Just tell her to mix equal parts ketchup, vinegar, salt and pepper. See if she tried it before questioning you.

An apprentice must toil under his master for years before learning the secrets of the craft. Tell your sister-in-law you would be willing to tutor her in the fine arts of grill, and then after she spends the whole summer doing all of your grunt work, maybe you can giver her the recipe.

I would just substitute a few key ingredients like instead of soy sauce or liquid smoke, write down the same amount of fish sauce. Also, instead of salt tell her she "Must use Himalayan Pink Salt" as it is THE key ingredient in the flavor.

Of course under no circumstance should she ever see your real recipe. In fact, you may want to commit it to memory then send it to me to be properly destroyed.

Dear frigging Abby! If it was MY sis in law, it'd be no just for proper maintenance. Try this one: I intend to market this recipe one day and I'm still honing it. If I give it to even one person, it becomes public domain and can't be copyrighted. If she doesn't swallow that, repeat it and offer to make her a batch.

Just give her my Bourbon BBQ sauce recipe and then lie.

Are you planning on making and selling your sauce? If not there shouldn't really be a problem in giving her the recipe, chances are pretty great that she won't be able to duplicate it exactly.

Are you planning on making and selling your sauce? If not there shouldn't really be a problem in giving her the recipe, chances are pretty great that she won't be able to duplicate it exactly.

Debating it. I already have a simi-friend who offered 3k so he can use it in his restaurants. Don't trust him as far as i can throw him so I said no. Still weighing my options. Hell i have been weighing my options for over 3 years now. Doubt anything will become of it.

OK Friggame, with BBQing season here how much is it going to cost me to try a bottle of your so sought after sauce?

Haha have to do a big batch next month for my nieces Bday party. Will try to set aside a couple.

Haha have to do a big batch next month for my nieces Bday party. Will try to set aside a couple.

That would be cool. And I'm serious about sending some $$$ your way. Here in Iowa the only place to get BBQ sauce is Walmart or a big chain restaurant.

That would be cool. And I'm serious about sending some $$$ your way. Here in Iowa the only place to get BBQ sauce is Walmart or a big chain restaurant.

ouch!

Don't sweat it when it is ready i will contact you. Might want to remind me in about a month as i can get forgetful. If it was a week away i would say np i can remember that. But once it gets over a certain amount of time? Gawd i am bad.

Keep it a secret. Make her a batch when she wants some. If you ever sell this publicly, make sure you get it copyrighted. Cause people like my mom who crazy ability to almost pick out every ingredient by taste.

David

I'm with Nancy Reagan on this one: JUST SAY NO!

BBQ is an art and like any true art it takes years of practice and patience.

I am sure it has taken you years (and plenty of $$$) to get your sauce right. That is worth something. To give it away just because someone is a relative demeans your effort.

I would tell her that she can have as much as she wants when she visits but somethings are just sacred.