• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is it March yet?!?!

AndrewGBob

Calmer than you are dude...
I don't know about everyone else, but I am anxiously awaiting the start of March Madness already (and for the weather to start warming up). It has been a real exciting year for basketball here in Kansas. My Jayhawks are having another great season (whats new?), K-State is making national headlines again, and even Wichita State is making some noise. The state of Kansas is just spoiled with good basketball this year.

So how is everyone else's teams fairing? Who you got in March? I think my pick is quite obvious, and biased (I pick the Hawks every year).

ROCH CHALK!!!

I was in Vegas for the tourney last year. I won't make it out there this year but always a good time. Oddly, I was happy to see my Kentucky team lose last night. Those youngsters need to toughen their skin before heading into the tournament.

Is it March yet?? Is it SEPTEMBER yet?? I went to South Alabama so if it's basketball I am a Jaguar fan...I watch the occassional-B-ball game but the excitement starts 9/4/10!

Melly

I was in Vegas for the tourney last year. I won't make it out there this year but always a good time. Oddly, I was happy to see my Kentucky team lose last night. Those youngsters need to toughen their skin before heading into the tournament.

I didn't mind Kentucky before, but I cannot like them now because of coach Cal. I am NOT a fan of that guy. Very talented team though. Wall is a phenom.

I agree that was an OK loss for a young team. A nice reality check is always good for a team. My Jayhawks got a tough one on Saturday at Allen Fieldhouse West, I mean Bramlage. Should be a good game (although I hope it's a blowout).

I didn't mind Kentucky before, but I cannot like them now because of coach Cal. I am NOT a fan of that guy. Very talented team though. Wall is a phenom.

I agree that was an OK loss for a young team. A nice reality check is always good for a team. My Jayhawks got a tough one on Saturday at Allen Fieldhouse West, I mean Bramlage. Should be a good game (although I hope it's a blowout).

I will read 'didn't mind' to mean 'didn't completely hate'!!! Kentucky has a legion of fans but I have never met one with a Jayhawk, Tarheel, Blue Devil or Bruin allegiance. Not even close. Fans of those schools raise toasts to each other in the sports bars but gnash their teeth at seeing success of the others. By that same token, Wildcats never stand up for Jayhaws, Tarheels, Blue Devils or Bruins!!!

I was a Louisville fan growing up and I enrolled at Kentucky (they offered me a scholarship and Louisville didn't) and somehow, someway the team that lost on the Christian Laettner shot brought me into the fold...that was my senior year at UK. So, we shall see how it pans out.... Oh, and by the way, shouldn't you hate Roy Williams (and his butt cut) more than Calipari?

I will read 'didn't mind' to mean 'didn't completely hate'!!! Kentucky has a legion of fans but I have never met one with a Jayhawk, Tarheel, Blue Devil or Bruin allegiance. Not even close. Fans of those schools raise toasts to each other in the sports bars but gnash their teeth at seeing success of the others. By that same token, Wildcats never stand up for Jayhaws, Tarheels, Blue Devils or Bruins!!!

I was a Louisville fan growing up and I enrolled at Kentucky (they offered me a scholarship and Louisville didn't) and somehow, someway the team that lost on the Christian Laettner shot brought me into the fold...that was my senior year at UK. So, we shall see how it pans out.... Oh, and by the way, shouldn't you hate Roy Williams (and his butt cut) more than Calipari?

That's pretty accurate to read it that way. I can't completely hate Roy because of the success he had at KU (even though he couldn't bring home a title), but I do hate him for leaving the way he did. You're completely right about the allegiance thing too. I used to be a Duke fan (by default because my step dad was), but after graduating from KU I cannot stand to see them win.

I think I had about 4 heart attacks during the KU/KSU game last Saturday. Such an exciting game.

Saw this picture today and figured I'd share it with you Jayhawk types. I don't recognize the band so I can't tell what Lew is preparing to smoke, but I bet you can figure out when the picture was taken...

KU_Perkins_cigar_t640.jpg