• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is the Habanos SA authenticity check down?

TomF

It's always worked for me in the past but it's not working for me. I just get a site is busy error...for the past few weeks. One day this week it opened up and let me check a couple of serial numbers but that only lasted about ten minutes. No luck since then

I can't be the only one.

Works fine here, atleast at the moment. Haven't been there recently though.

If you're worried enough to check your box codes you may need to re consider where you're buying smokes IMHO.

No, I'm not worried at all. I trust my vendors completely. I find these things interesting, that's all. I like to look at the boxes when I get them, I like to look at the bands, I like to look for consistent color. I like to look at the cigars. I like to look for mold. I like to look for signs of beetles. Not because I don't trust my vendors, but because I like to do it.

I also find it interesting that I am having trouble with the Hababnos website. I wondered if anyone else was. If you don't feel like checking your codes that's fine, but if you don't use the Habanos website then your comment here wasn't very helpful.

Tom, all too often we get new members here who fail to read the rules and common etiquette expected on this forum.  The comment above was made because your initial post, while most likely without any motive other than wondering if the Habanos website was down, very often leads to someone taking the next step and trying to verify their source.  That's a big no-no.

Had you indicated or been more clear about your intentions and that you do, in fact, trust your sources without question, then said comment would indeed have not been helpful.  Please remember that one of the first rules of being new and visiting someone else's home is to show respect to those who have been around a while.

Gonz said:
Tom, all too often we get new members here who fail to read the rules and common etiquette expected on this forum.  The comment above was made because your initial post, while most likely without any motive other than wondering if the Habanos website was down, very often leads to someone taking the next step and trying to verify their source.  That's a big no-no.

Had you indicated or been more clear about your intentions and that you do, in fact, trust your sources without question, then said comment would indeed have not been helpful.  Please remember that one of the first rules of being new and visiting someone else's home is to show respect to those who have been around a while.

Exactly. This is why I kept my response simple too. I didnt see any harm in answering if the site worked or not but, as Gonz said anything past that would be a fine line.

OK, point taken. I have read all the etiquette stickies, and the rules, and I understand them and agree that they should be in place. I am aware that people come in here and blatantly ask for sources and I understand that it's a no-no. But I did not think that asking this question would be breaking the rules and it was not my intention to entice anyone into trying to verify their source. And it seems to be working better now anyway. Thanks for the help everyone.