• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is this Scarilige?

steamboat

Future Skinny Person
Thankgiving day, I fired up a Bolivar Petite Corona {ISOM} which is one of my favorite all time smokes and as it got so short I couldn't hold on to it, I glanced over at my pipe and noticed the Petitie Corona was just about the perfect diameter to fit in the bowl. It was a match made in heaven and only took a light little tamp with the pipe tool to make it draw very well and I managed to smoke ever single bit of the cigar except for a tiny little ring of the cap.

Is this an unatural act that will condemm me to Pipe Hell? If it is, a punishable offence, it is probably worth the price.

No, in 19th and early 20th century England, well heeled upland bird hunters saved their cigar clippings for their gun bearers and Wardens to smoke in their pipes. I tried this once, with saved up caps, and it damned near killed me.

Doc.

I've actually known a couple of people who nub cigars in a pipe.
I'm thinking high end padrons would be a good experiment.

While there are some blends with cigar leaf (usually 10% or less), I'd think twice before I smoked an actual cigar frequently in a pipe. Unless, of course, you enjoy the taste of cigar tobacco along with all the blends you smoke in that pipe.
I'd be more willing to dedicating a pipe to cigars specifically - especially those you just can't bear to put out. :D :D

While there are some blends with cigar leaf (usually 10% or less), I'd think twice before I smoked an actual cigar frequently in a pipe. Unless, of course, you enjoy the taste of cigar tobacco along with all the blends you smoke in that pipe.
I'd be more willing to dedicating a pipe to cigars specifically - especially those you just can't bear to put out. :D :D

It makes me sad to leave the but of one of the Petite Coronas lying there in its ashtray graveyard.

*sees FOG wisdom...takes careful notes*

I have never really looked into this. However there are some things that come to my mind when I think about smoking the last bit of cigar.

One is bowl temperature. I know after smoking a few bowls of that ISOM plug that went up on sale here months ago that dry (cigar RH) leaf will burn fast and hot. I'd take it slow to keep the heat down. Or, break the cigar up with the wrapper and mix it with some moist pipe tobacco. <-- That just kind of flew out of my mind but the more I think about it, it sounds damn delicious.

The second thing is the tar that accumulates on some cigars. That will seep into a briar pipe and will add a flavor. As I always recommend when trying out anything new with pipes "Put it in the cob first".

What's a scarilige? ???
Is misspelling sacrilege one, itself? :D

I'm guilty of the same offense. It was a no-brainer, though(didn't have to think even once).

Those little PCs are so tasty I've used a roach clip! :D