• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Isabela

stlboarder

Pre-light: The wrapper is light brown with light oil. The band slid off easy. The foot was slightly deformed. Overall good construction.

IMG00006-20090217-1429.jpg

First 1/3: Lit up easy enough and left a sweet taste on my lips. My first draw I can taste cream and raspberry. The smoke is light with a sweet and cedar like scent. A few puffs in there is a woody after taste. It draws nice and is burning straight. This cigar is very mild so far.

IMG00008-20090217-1438.jpg

Second 1/3: I'm beginning to think this tobacco is flavored. I'm starting to get a very slight tobacco flavor.

IMG00009-20090217-1454.jpg

IMG00010-20090217-1501.jpg

Before I got to the last 1/3 I just wasn't enjoying this cigar very much. I couldn't stand how sweet it was and had to put it down.

Overall: The construction and draw was great. This smoke is way too mild for me and was reminding me of a flavored cigar.

Is there a possibility the cigar was just shipped in the tube to help ensure a safe arrival? I can't imagine they'd rip Drew Estate off that badly.

As far as the band... can't help with the question there.

Good point. There's nothing anywhere about this cigar. It's' probably a pre-release of something new that hasn't come out yet. You may be right.

That band though. :rolleyes: They aren't even making an attempt to differentiate from Cohiba. I'm no law talking guy, but that has got cease and desist written all over it.

It's true, the tube was just used to ship it. Stlboarder, I would edit the title of this topic. It's definitely not a Chateau Real. I received mine today as well, and it was in a clear glass tube.

As for the band, it is a definite replica of Cohiba bands. It has stars instead of squares, however. I will post up pictures when I review mine...probably tomorrow or the next day.

Warning, this cigar has a sweetened tip! :angry: Not a good start, and I swore to myself 3 years ago I would never go there again! lol :laugh:

My review will be in this thread as well.

Lol thanks for the clarification guys. I thought the tube was weird but didn't put two and two together. Talk about sleeping on the job.

I used the tubes for shipping only......As far as the cigar origin, this is from the paperwork included, and I quote:

"Handcrafted in Miami by legendary Cuban Master Vicente Ortiz, Isabela cigars are produced in smalll batches for extremely limited distribution. Vicente Otiz utilizes tobaccos from several countries in various grades to create the blend, flavor and personality that gives each Isabela cigar its unique identity. All tobaccos are aged for a minimum of one year before they are released, and the Isabelas come in four sizes, in two colors, natural and medium grade. From its inception, Isabela has been and continues to be one of the most sought after cigars in the world!"

Also included,,,,

Dear Charles (me),

Enclosed is a panoply of Isabela cigars sent to you per Ricardo's request. I hope you enjoy them. They are unique and floavorful, the result and fulfillment of many years of hard work, knowledge dedication and most of all, love and pssion of micro-craft manifested in the Isabela cigars and the experiences and enjoyment of its creators and those who partake in them!..

Alan Borg,Midwest Rep
Ricardo/Isabela Cigar Company
isabelcigarcompany@yahoo.com

What confused me (other than my normal state of confusion), is why cigars rolled in Miami, had to be shipped from somewhere in the midwest (I think from Wisconsin).......

Anyway, a few more reviews to follow :whistling:

smoked an Isabela Robusto this evening....

Nice looking cigar, nothing remarkable, medium brown wrapper with no blemishes......so far..so good

The cigar band was quite a letdown, considering these were rolled by 'legendary Cuban Master Vicente Ortiz' (though I'm not sure what other cigars bear his mastery). As mentioned before, a direct Cohiba design knockoff,,,,,not a good sign

I wanted to get a taste of the wrapper.......definitely a sweetened tip ala Baccarat...

Gave it a snip and lit er up......I wanted to like this cigar..................................but it was a real disappointment, considering the initial hype. Nice burn, held the ash and voluminous smoke. Unfortunately, the sweetness seemed to overtake any other flavors that might have existed. Seems well constructed, and might be a decent mild cigar if not for the sweetened tip and aftertaste.

Let it die a peaceful death at the halfway mark and grabbed a Padilla Miami to cleanse my pallet.....

Posted my review in the other thread so here it is agian for you reading pleasure

Got the stick in great condition so after letting it rest in my humi over night I took it to work and right around siesta time I wondered out to the B&M next door to light it up.

Pre Light – Nice appearance (Robusto Size) with an even colored light wrapper, nicely bunched. Clipped the cap went for the pre light draw and was surprised at the sweet taste of sugar cane on the cap, reminiscent of a La Fontana. Once I got past the surprise of the sweet taste, the draw was open with a hint of grass and a fresh tobacco flavor.

The Light – Easy to light and nice draw, medium amount of light colored smoke. Hint of peppery spice on the lips and back of the throat.

1st Half – Easy draw and even burn producing a tightly packed whitish ash. Flavored cap taste dissipated after a few draws and the spicy flavor intensified a bit, with a slight caramel taste creeping in. I was surprised to find that after about an inch into the smoke, the flavor begin to mellow considerable and then strengthen only to mellow out again.

2nd Half – Continued with a mellow taste with hints of leather and caramel, nice easy draw, maybe a little to open, but not unpleasant. Mellowness continued until the end with just a hint of pepper toward the end that may be the result of the heat.

Overall – A well constructed smoke, easy on the palate, but a little one dimensional for my tastes but still a nice smoke if you like mild flavor. Think this could be a very nice go-to smoke, and would be willing to purchase a few and let them age and try them again as there was a hint of complexity….but only a hint. Wondering where the “beef” was on this smoke. I would definitely like to see if they have a fuller flavor smoke to have something to balance this one with.

Thanks to Charles for letting me try something new....even if it was a bust

The rare Isabela Miami " Serpentine" is explosive with deep varietals and lots of pepper and innuendos !!

I used the tubes for shipping only......As far as the cigar origin, this is from the paperwork included, and I quote:

"Handcrafted in Miami by legendary Cuban Master Vicente Ortiz, Isabela cigars are produced in smalll batches for extremely limited distribution. Vicente Otiz utilizes tobaccos from several countries in various grades to create the blend, flavor and personality that gives each Isabela cigar its unique identity. All tobaccos are aged for a minimum of one year before they are released, and the Isabelas come in four sizes, in two colors, natural and medium grade. From its inception, Isabela has been and continues to be one of the most sought after cigars in the world!"

Huh...

:laugh:

What a joke this whole scam is!

I bunch of no-name anonymous posters shilling flavored $hit sticks. :laugh:

Good thing tommy and northernmorris are on the case :thumbs: otherwise I might have swallowed their $hit just like I did five years ago. :rolleyes:

Back