• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISO

:Monty:

Everything I smoke these days is starting to taste the same. I remember when I first started smoking, the rich flavors I would get from cigars and how i couldn't wait to try new stuff. Unfortunately now it's all blending into an obscure smoky mess. I cant tell you the last time I really enjoyed an Opus or when some strong Nicaraguan flavor bomb kicked my ass. I smoke 5 days a week maybe that's the issue, but i thought my palate was supposed to get better over the years? Anyone else ever go through a stage like this?

Yeah, it's called puberty. As soon as you hormones settle down life will get better.

You are smoking too much.

I did the same thing.

Now that I'm down to (at the most) 3 cigars a week the flavors are back.

Are you taking any medications?

In addition, I would smoke something that you know you always love. Something famous for consistency, like Padron or Fuente top shelf.

See, for me, those smokes always taste pretty much the same. MANY Others aren't quite as consistent. I can think of several smokes which were quite good upon initial release, only to turn to crap a year or two later. I bought a sampler box, containing several RP blends, a couple/few years ago. Basically to see how the blends were doing. They were all flat, almost flavorless, and absolute had no resemblence to the profiles the ORs had.

When I smoke 10 - 15 cigars a week, everything just starts to taste like tobacco. When I smoke around 3 - 4 cigars a week, I can at times pick out flavors and different nuances, depending on the cigars I am smoking.

Let me add something, cause I smoke 2 to 4 cigars a day.

I do a daily "rotation". I smoke a milder cigar in the a.m., and build up in strength as the day progresses. I mean the kick you in the stomach aspect of strength. This is one way of being able to taste your other cigars better as you light up several a day. This is one reasoned I loved Devils Weed and the older Cabaiguans. Great morning cigars that left the palate very clean.

If I started with a heavy on the palate and senses, cigar as the first of the day, and kept smoking med-full to Full smokes all day, I would soon haver a harder time tasting.

Are you taking any medications?

In addition, I would smoke something that you know you always love. Something famous for consistency, like Padron or Fuente top shelf.

See, for me, those smokes always taste pretty much the same. MANY Others aren't quite as consistent. I can think of several smokes which were quite good upon initial release, only to turn to crap a year or two later. I bought a sampler box, containing several RP blends, a couple/few years ago. Basically to see how the blends were doing. They were all flat, almost flavorless, and absolute had no resemblence to the profiles the ORs had.

No meds so I don't think that's it. What actually prompted this post was a maduro padron 64 principe I smoked yesterday. I thought exactly the same thing, that I should smoke some padron or davidoffs so I could see if they still had those distinctive flavors. Those little 64 maduros are always spot-on tasty little treats and yesterday it was all straight tobacco.

I think the answer is just smoke less. If was only that easy... ;)

At three or four a day, I get the same feelings, but then I throw a Illusione 68 in the mix, and there's no doubt the tasters are working.

At three or four a day, I get the same feelings, but then I throw a Illusione 68 in the mix, and there's no doubt the tasters are working.

What he said.

If I smoke earlier in the day, I'll have something like a Chateau Real, and if I smoke later at night I go for something stronger. I had an awesome ass-kickingly good Illusione at the races and it tainted my palate the rest of the day, the two other smokes I had were considerably more bland than usual. Nothing like having an FFOX to start the day off and having a flavorless Padron 64 later...