• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Isom on a cruise?

eringg

Hi guys I'm going on a cruise this month and I was planning to bring a few smokes with me but I'm wondering if I need to. My thinking is that since the ships are non U.S. flagged they can sell " contraband" :whistling: after they pass the 50 mile marker. Has anyone been on a cruise and found this to be true or I'm I just dreaming.

It's still illegal for you to purchase them...regardless of the fact that they sell them.

yea I understand that but my question is do the sell them.

yea I understand that but my question is do the sell them.

I have been on a couple cruises. I don't recall seeing ISOM's available on ship. I don't recall the selection being very good at all, your better off taking your own cigars.

Hi guys I'm going on a cruise this month and I was planning to bring a few smokes with me but I'm wondering if I need to. My thinking is that since the ships are non U.S. flagged they can sell " contraband" :whistling: after they pass the 50 mile marker. Has anyone been on a cruise and found this to be true or I'm I just dreaming.

Where have you been you 'ol codger?! I concur, better to bring your own smokes because the selection is limited and likely to be a "gougers heaven" becasue you are "stuck" on the boat!

You're dreamin'...You'll see fakes in the ports, though.

Bring your own, and a few extras for the new friends you'll make.

Yea I'm wakin up now gonna have to bring my own thanks guys. Hay chuck good to hear from ya when we gonna play some golf and smoke some of these Opus I got?

Depends on the cruise line, if it under US ownership then no, if owned by foreign co. then what you said is true.

[quote name='Here's Johnny' post='579520' date='Dec 9 2007, 12:48 PM']Depends on the cruise line, if it under US ownership then no, if owned by foreign co. then what you said is true.[/quote]

Post whore! :laugh:

Johnny's right. :thumbs:

Still though, I highly question the authenticity of any cigars being sold in a shop on a cruise ship.

Yea I'm wakin up now gonna have to bring my own thanks guys. Hay chuck good to hear from ya when we gonna play some golf and smoke some of these Opus I got?

We golf after you come back FAT and happy from your cruise! Oh, wait you are already...................................................happy! :sign:

We'll catch-up after Christmas but before New Years! :thumbs:

I've never seen any on ship. Did buy the fakes in port though (I was a rookie then). Save your money for the cheap duty free booze. Last time I was in the Caribbean you could bring back six liters a person, at a price less than half of what you pay in the states.

Keith.

I`ve been on many cruises,
ok smokes priced way to high on the ship.
As for port call i`ve been told there all fakes
so never bought one.

PS. It`s tempting !