• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ISOM Trinidads

Blue Dragon

Can't Re-Member
Reaction score
A recent review on the Trinidad Reyes got me to wondering if the larger Trinis are as good as the Reyes? I have only had the pleasure of trying the Reyes so far and love it. What are some other's experience w/ other ISOM TTTs?

TIA,
- C

standard.jpg

My last experience (4th of July) with the Trinidad was the fabolous Robusto Extra. I can't stress how much I enjoyed this cigar. From the impecable construction ending with that curly tail to the fine claro color of the wrapper this toro was all buisness IMO one of the best that Cuba has to offer.

The prelight aroma was a bit woody with some nutty undertone similar to the first draw. This smoke light beautifully with nice draw (a bit on the firm side probably due to its relative youth) but overall medium body with smooth yet very rich flavor. Although considered medium bodied it starts of spicy but then it pereplexes into smooth creamy goodness mixed up with dark chocolate, cocoa beans & different mixed spices (herb, mint I think). The burn was even & perfect throught with loads & goabs of smoke.

The one I had was from a 3 pack so no info on the box age but if I would guess it was younger nontheless remarkable. I think with some aging (and unflatering +$20 price) a HUGE potential to be my favorite special smoke.
Needless to say this is what I am counting to be one of my next box purchases.

Yes - IMHO, they are all amazing! My favorite is the Fundadore, though - with a little age and preferably from '98 it is one of the finest cigars I have consistently smoked.

One thing I love about the Trinis is that they all have that same unique flavor profile. I can always tell that I am smoking a Trini and have never had a bad one.

The Reyes, though young, are still fantastic though. I love those little buggers!

They are all outstanding cigars. ML described my experience with the RE very well. It has become one of my favorite cigars which is amazing considering how young they are. All but the Fundis smoke much better then any young Cohiba with the exception of the Siglo VI.

I have to admit, I love Trini's. I had mine in Scotland if I remember correctly. If the single sticks while I was there wasnt so high, I'd have grabbed a couple more. It was the Fundalore stick. But I need to get a couple for the Humi.

ricmac25 said:
chado said:
...preferably from '98...

is it me or does there seem to be an unlimited supply from '98?
[snapback]256169[/snapback]​
Well hell, if this is so true, would anyone be interested in parting with a 5er?

:rolleyes: :D

And thanks for all the comments and comparisons; it helps a great deal. :thumbs:

- C

ML237 said:
standard.jpg

[snapback]256025[/snapback]​

Nice watch ML237.

I have an Anonimo.

I was saving up to buy a Panerai...but then I got into cigars...and then I got into ISOMs. No more watches for me. :(

I really love that trinidad flavour, as mentioned it is quite unique and all 4 sizes have that similar taste. I've had good draw and burn on the ones I've had..I'm really tempted to order some of the Robusto extra right now. It's definately amongst my top 5 brands.

I am a big Trini fan,and like all of the sizes except the Robusto Extra.

I started smoking them in 1998 with the Fundadores and back then was amazed at how well they smoked even though they were so young. When the Coloniales came out again I was amazed at how well they smoked with no age. They have to be using very well aged tobacco that needs little time to marry.

I recently stocked up on the Coloniales and smoked an 04 that was great, again no youthful characteristics. I don't know how they are doing it but they have consistently made cigars that need little age.

The Master said:
I am a big Trini fan,and like all of the sizes except the Robusto Extra.

I started smoking them in 1998 with the Fundadores and back then was amazed at how well they smoked even though they were so young. When the Coloniales came out again I was amazed at how well they smoked with no age. They have to be using very well aged tobacco that needs little time to marry.

I recently stocked up on the Coloniales and smoked an 04 that was great, again no youthful characteristics. I don't know how they are doing it but they have consistently made cigars that need little age.
[snapback]257770[/snapback]​

Agreed. I smoked another Trini from my newer 05 box, just cuz i wanted to see what they were like, Amazingly, it had great flavor! I wonder if has soemthing to do wiht the fermenting the tobacco? both 04 and 05 are good. I have noted that the MRN states (from his sources at El Laguito)Cohiba has 3 fermentations and Trini has undegone 2 fermentation, this may be a partial explaination.