• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It Has Begun...

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
Well, my head cold finally cleared up and I began the process of breaking in one of my new pipes today.

I packed a bowl of Altadis Fox & Hound (free in the sampler) in a Missouri Meerschaum Missouri Pride. I used the Frank Method for the first time and it went really well.

Anyway, I dried it out a little, torched it, and started puffing. A decent smoke. It stayed lit pretty well (I only needed to relight once) and it burned pretty much all the way down.

I don't have much to compare it to right now. I haven't really smoked a pipe in awhile and when I did it was some bulk aromatic tobacco from the shop in my hometown of Bloomington, IN that I absolutely loved. This was the first non-aromatic I've smoked. The F&H didn't really strike me as "strong flavored" at all. It was pleasant, though. Especially for the price. :)

So, there it is. I'm off and running! I have 3 shipments of tobacco coming in over the next few days. Some of the blends are aged tins of the fresh stuff I'm getting. They have been aged for a couple of years by someone else so they'll be vintage as soon as I get them (talk about "speed aging" :laugh:)!

I'm looking forward to the next several weeks! :D

awesome!

please do keep us updated, as some of us are living vicariously, and following your every step....

I got in on the 'Altadis Sampler' when it was still ground level and they sent 30 or so pouches. Out of all the baccy they sent 'fox and hound' was the only one I would ever consider smoking again. It is a nice light english,Please keep us updated as you experiance more baccys.

I got in on the 'Altadis Sampler' when it was still ground level and they sent 30 or so pouches. Out of all the baccy they sent 'fox and hound' was the only one I would ever consider smoking again. It is a nice light english,Please keep us updated as you experiance more baccys.
Just by the looks and aroma of the Hearth and Home and Pipeworks & Wilke stuff I've gotten in the last week I can tell the other stuff in the Altadis sampler is not likely to be high quality. I'll probably try it all out as I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it will likely be while fishing or mowing the grass.

I tried Frog Morton last night and it was pretty darn good.