• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Its about time for a change

dataz722

I have been trying to get a new job for some time now because the company I work for is absolutely horrible. With the way the job market is I came to the conclusion some time ago that there is no way I am getting out of here unless I either went back to school or started my own business. I have been wanting to do both for a while now but just never did. Well yesterday I decided to do both! I am going to enroll back into school next Tuesday and plan on submitting all of the paper work to start an LLC later this week or next. :thumbs: What the hell am I getting myself into?

Ok, I just wanted to say that. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Its going to be a little photography business. I don't plan on making a living off of it right now but hopefully will in the future once it grows. I figure I need to do $1000 of business per year to break even. So I am pretty much starting out with very low risk. I mainly want to do sports and event photography (not weddings) but I won't turn down anything that I am capable of doing.

I am actually in the process of trying to figure out all of the legalities of going to little league and school sports game and taking pictures. Then handing my business card out to the parents where they will be able to buy prints off my site. I am going to get permission from the schools and give them a percentage of my profits but I just don't know how it would work as far as model releases and most the them being minors. Anybody have any idea what type of lawyer would handle such a thing?

How does that conversation go? "Hi, you don't know me but I'd like to photograph your children running and playing and getting sweaty." :laugh:

I do think it's a good idea, I know up here the whole hockey card or hockey poster picture for the children is a huge business. Best of luck.

Congrats! Taking a leap is always better than just waiting for the ground to fall out from under you.

Congrats...and while it is a side business now, I wish you success in taking it full time.

Congrats! Taking a leap is always better than just waiting for the ground to fall out from under you.

I guess if he wanted that, he would live in California. All kidding aside. Good luck data and I would talk to a lawyer in town. They could probably point you in the right direction for the type of lawyer you would need.