• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's been awhile.

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
Reaction score
It has been some time since I've been around and I wanted you to know why.

Nearly 5 months ago, while climbing the "Rocky stairs" at the Philadelphia Art Museum, I had chest pain for the first time. I walked it off looking at the special Cezanne show. The next morning I took the trash cans out to the alley and wasn't sure I'd get back to the house. 90% blockage in the LAD, way up high. They did a stent and things seemed OK. 2 weeks ago it hit again and they couldn't get the pain under control so, at 2AM, I got another stent in the same spot. This time it's a different kind of stent that is supposed to be more resistant to reblocking. I guess we'll see.

I've been back to work for a week and although I don't seem to have very much energy (I think it's the new meds), I am doing OK.

I sure am grateful that it is 2009 and not 50 years ago or I would have been a 58 year-old cripple, or dead.
ohmy.gif
I'm glad to have a little more time!

The doctors know I enjoy my cigars and no one has suggested I quit, so until they do, I still am enjoying one or two a day! Do you suppose scotch helps dilate coronary arteries?
biggrin.gif

Wow Dave, just wow brother. I'm glad to see you posting and letting us know what's going on. Hang in their and keep us updated!

Get well soon Dave.

I miss looking at your ashtrays.

Thanks for giving us a update.

Edit:

I am assuming the meds you are on affects your taste. Is that true?

Yeah Dave, good to see you posting. I hope those Doc's are taking good care of you. I will keep you in our thoughts, keep your head high and enjoy your life.

I was just asking about you the other day buddy, glad to hear you're getting better. Hope to see you and some of your work around a little more now. :thumbs: By the way, I'm no doctor but I do know that alcohol kills germs so Scotch is a good thing. Be well brother, good to see you again.

Dave,

I have three stents in my heart. I am thankful that I survived, and that my little boy has a father.

I am grateful that you made it through this ordeal.

My prayer is that you adjust to your modified lifestyle, and that you realize God's prescence, and grace, in all

that he gives you to do.

Sincerely,

Dan

Dave it is great to see you back. I am sorry to hear what happened. Please get well very soon my friend. :thumbs:

Not enough sawdust in you. Get back in the shop and remedy that.

Take care of yourself Dave.

Thanks for the update, let's hope for a return to good health!

i am glad you are ok sir, i was actually thinking about you the other day saying to myself i havent seen you online in a bit.
may you have a great recovery and no issues in the future.

Dave, Thank God as you said your living in this day and age. Hope you feel better my friend and wish you all the best.

Bob

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Hope the stents and medication do their job and you make a speedy recovery!