• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's Summer

Sharing the wealth of keeping it for yourself? Hard to stop once you start. :)

Damn Ray you know your Bloody Marys -- recipe sounds amazing a def must try

Pickles, olives, and beans I've seen but never okra. Is it raw or pickled too?

I do love a good Bloody Mary and that recipe sounds great, probably a little hot for my taste. On top of the olives and celery, I like to drop a couple pickled green beans or okra into my glass.

Thanks,

Ken

The okra is pickled also. I find the okra much more to my liking than the green beans, as the beans are sometimes mushy.

Ken

A day and a half later and no word from davidr2340. That can be taken as a good or bad sign ???

A day and a half later and no word from davidr2340. That can be taken as a good or bad sign ???
:laugh: ...
I'm here bro!!!
Man, that was one damn good recipe Ray... A buddy and I split the pitcher the morning of the 4th setting stuff up! The had just the right amount of "heat" to make them perfect IMO!!!
Thanks again!

:thumbs:

Glad it worked out for you. Feel free to pass it on just give me credit when you do :)

So has anyone tried Ray's recipe with horseradish in it?
Anyone brave enough?
Definately something I'd like to try...
After sampling the original version first though!

-Rob

Thanks for posting this, Ray. I am going to give this a shot this weekend. The bloody mary has been one of my favorites since my grandpa started making me virgin mary's when I was 8 years old or so.

I regularly put horseradish in mine, it adds alot to it. Major Peters' mix has it in there already.

I was at Wrigley Field in Chicago for a game last weekend, and had 2 Bloody Mary's at Murphy's Bleachers across the street before the game. They made them with splash of hot sauce, splash of worcestshire, healthy splash of A1 (!!!), Daily's Bloody Mary mix and well vodka. The A1 was a new one on me, I had never seen that tried before. It was quite good, albeit unique.

So has anyone tried Ray's recipe with horseradish in it?
Anyone brave enough?
Definately something I'd like to try...
After sampling the original version first though!

-Rob
I did my batch with horseradish... VERY GOOD!!!

How much did you put in? Did you use it as a replacement for something else and did you use prepared or fresh ground?

How much did you put in? Did you use it as a replacement for something else and did you use prepared or fresh ground?

I didn't replace anything with it. Added it with everything else.
I used prepared... I should have used fresh ground I think, but it was still pretty damn good IMO!!!

Just tried my first bloody mary last night, and it was amazing. Now, I think tomorrow I'm going shopping for some of these ingredients... Also, what kind of olives are you using?

Usually use pimento filled Spanish Queen olives but sometimes I used stuffed ones with garlic, jalapeno or blue cheese.

Just tried my first bloody mary last night, and it was amazing. Now, I think tomorrow I'm going shopping for some of these ingredients... Also, what kind of olives are you using?

Usually use pimento filled Spanish Queen olives but sometimes I used stuffed ones with garlic, jalapeno or blue cheese.

Ah gotcha, I'll do that this next time. I had 3 glasses last night, but I have to run something by you. I used everything you said, except for I could not find jalapeno hot sauce, so I used two servings of Tabasco Brand Habanero sauce. It was hot as hell, but the whole concoction had a sweet taste to it. I would like to get rid of that. Any suggestions?

On my second glass, I squeezed a whole lemon into the glass and mixed it, so I got rid of the sweetness, but I can't figure out if this is what was intended, or if I screwed it all up.

I don't know what to tell you about the hot sauce as there is plenty of different brands around. I can't explain the sweet taste even if the Tabasco was sweetened it would take a lot to effect a whole pitcher. Check your measurements next time, the drink should be hot but not "hot as hell" at least nobody else has complained about that.

I don't know what to tell you about the hot sauce as there is plenty of different brands around. I can't explain the sweet taste even if the Tabasco was sweetened it would take a lot to effect a whole pitcher. Check your measurements next time, the drink should be hot but not "hot as hell" at least nobody else has complained about that.

I made a second batch and cut out the Tabasco Habanero sauce, and used regular tabasco instead. The first batch was hot as hell in a GREAT way, but alas, I am a wimp. I made a second batch with regular Tabasco sauce and it was superb! All hail AVB!!!

I should have bumped this 2 months ago.