• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's the only nice thing I do.

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
If you can find it in your heart this holiday season, consider buying a toy for Toys for Tots, don't wrap it, and drop it off in one of the many collection bins at your local mall. You can also bring it to your local Marine recruiter. You might make a Jarhead cry and without sticking a needle in his ass.

Doc

We help a needy family with $500.00 every year. I find the appropriate family through my customers. Always best to give more than you take.

Supported TFT for about ten years straight when I used to ride motorcycles. Sadly, I haven't had the direct opportunity since about 2005. However, last week I helped my 4-year-old pick out a toy for the "Operation Rudolph" box at the BX here, which is much the same concept. She loved to run up to the box and look inside every time we passed one. She surprised me by saying she wanted to "give something to a little kid so they can have a good Christmas, too", and sure enough... she picked out a Barbie, paid for it with the greenbacks I handed her, then marched right out and dropped it in the box. Maybe I am raising them right, after all...

Very good post, Doc.

We help a needy family with $500.00 every year. I find the appropriate family through my customers. Always best to give more than you take.
Well, that's very generous of you. But, in that case, you probably wouldn't have any problem spending ten or fifteen dollars on a doll or a bag of toy soldiers for some little kid who's lucky if he gets anything decent to eat on Christmas day.

Doc

We make our kids pick a name from the tree every year and they get to feel what it's like to give to someone who doesn't have what they do. I know they really don't understand a lot now, but eventually they will.

I do a TFT gift every year. It's something that doesn't cost a lot and gives children something to open that they probably wouldn't have during the holidays.

Well, that's very generous of you. But, in that case, you probably wouldn't have any problem spending ten or fifteen dollars on a doll or a bag of toy soldiers for some little kid who's lucky if he gets anything decent to eat on Christmas day.

Doc
I will do that just for you Doc!

If you can find it in your heart this holiday season, consider buying a toy for Toys for Tots, don't wrap it, and drop it off in one of the many collection bins at your local mall. You can also bring it to your local Marine recruiter. You might make a Jarhead cry and without sticking a needle in his ass.

Doc

And its a darn nice thing of you Doc. Well played.

Always do. And from the mouths of babes (my son) we buy one for a Boy, and one for a Girl.

I participated in this for the first time with my 6 year old daughter this year. She was very excited to pick out a few toys for the other kids. She even wanted to take her piggy bank to the Coin Star before we left so we could buy one extra present. Much like Beyond The Band posted above this will be a yearly tradition for her and I.

Today is our TFT drive at work. We usually end up with about 1100 toys. This is by far my favorite charity.

Done! :thumbs:

I'm adding this to my usual holiday charities. Thanks Doc!

We make our kids pick a name from the tree every year and they get to feel what it's like to give to someone who doesn't have what they do. I know they really don't understand a lot now, but eventually they will.
I do the same thing with my son. We go through the Christmas Wishes in the local paper and he picks one out. It really saddens me to see so many kids that just ask for coats, socks, and underwear. Things that most of us take for granted on a daily basis.

I dropped of a couple toys at the gym I go to, they do a Toys for Tots drop-off every year. Also participated in a Secret Santa for kids that my work holds. Feels good being able to help out a kid in need.

_craig_

I agree Doc. I would not be surprised to find that most of our more respected members do something of this nature.

Our version is every year, the TfT are collected around the 22 or 23 of December and then there's a huge gift wrapping party at the local PAL where we all bring wrapping paper and tape to wrap the gifts. They are then separated by 'Boy & Girl' and then distributed around town on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day by the Police & Fire Departments.

It was a very humbling experience for my kids to do this every year in contrast to their own Christmas...now that they are in the 20s, this Holiday has way more meaning and they themselves are now involved on their own.

Great post Doc, it's a perfect reminder on how to take care of our own....Merry Christmas to all!