• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've joined the wineador club

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
62c4f69c-5ba3-1d9c.jpg
62c4f69c-5c68-ef13.jpg

Setup everything today. I'm not sure if I have too many beads (2lbs) but its a fairly good size cooler. I already have a 67-70 range humidity from top to bottom. I also put an oust fan. We'll see how it holds. I'm not sure what to do with the drain. I guess I'll wait to see what the humidity does. Suggestions? Next comes trays from golfnut

Congrats. Leave the drain open for now and see how it goes. You can always plug it up later.

Wow very nice. What brand and model did you end up going with? I am also planning on joing the club. Both my humidors are almost full.

It's a frigidaire I found on CL. 18x18x28 dimensions. I put some empty boxes in there to stabilize Te humidity. I took a pound out based on the calculator on the heartfelt website.

No it runs on a D battery. I'm getting readings of 70-77 humidity and thats with no beads in the fridge. I took them out because I think I over hydrated them so I'm letting them dry out. I might head to home depot and get some temporary cedar.

Temp is holding steady at 65.

Nice chief. I can already feel my wife's hands around my neck and I'm only thinking about doing this...lol

So I have it set at 65 and the compressor kicked on and all of the sudden my humidity went down to 41 and now is climing back up. Im assuming that this happens due to the decrease in temperature. Should I think about getting an active humidification system?

So I have it set at 65 and the compressor kicked on and all of the sudden my humidity went down to 41 and now is climing back up. Im assuming that this happens due to the decrease in temperature. Should I think about getting an active humidification system?

Yep, almost a must when using a compressor based system.

I've thought about caving and setting one up. The more I read here the more I lean towards it.

I'm gonna see how the beads hold up and give it another couple of days and then make a decision. Its at 65% right now.

On a side note my wife said "I was super excited about this...it holds cigars and wine, where do you put the wine?"

I said "Wineador means it was a wine cooler that holds cigars"

Wife gave me funny look after that. :whistling:

Just got an external pc fan and they make wall adapters for them so I'm gonna put it on a board with a couple of inches of space between the board and fan and have that circulating the air.

62c4f69c-81be-c972.jpg

Fan setup. The only thing is that it's always on but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Nope not the frigidaire I got. I just broke down and got an oasis. The humidity was holding fine all day at 67-68 and then the compressor kicked on and bam down to 51. it climbs back up but to prevent that rapid drop I'm just going to go the "active" route. I will use the beads to stabilize any extra humidity as I have read most people do.

Let me know how the oasis works. I have a feeling the wifey is going to buy a whynter 28ct wine fridge for my bday.