• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I've lurked long enough

Milton

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for 3 days now and figured I might as well suck it up and say hello and get started. I visited a friend of mine recently and he tipped me off to the site. Looks awesome! Can't wait to get started!

I have little experience with cigars, so any tips or suggestions would be welcome. ;)

My wife got me a humidor for Christmas a couple of years ago but I was never able to keep it stable (I suspect its not really well made) so I am planning on investing in either a tuppordor or just going for the full size coolidor.

Any way hello!

Milton said:
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for 3 days now and figured I might as well suck it up and say hello and get started. I visited a friend of mine recently and he tipped me off to the site. Looks awesome! Can't wait to get started!

I have little experience with cigars, so any tips or suggestions would be welcome. ;)

My wife got me a humidor for Christmas a couple of years ago but I was never able to keep it stable (I suspect its not really well made) so I am planning on investing in either a tuppordor or just going for the full size coolidor.

Any way hello!
So who was your friend that tipped you off? Go to the humidor section of the site. Read up on how to season the humidor and how to maintain it. See if you followed all the steps. Especially the calibrating of the meter and the seasoning of the humidor. I have a fealing you might have had problems with one or the other. In the mean time, put your gars in the tupperdor. :thumbs: Enjoy your stay.

Emo

Welcome to CP Milton, me thinks dis place will get into ya blood, vewy soon ;)

Hello Milton, welcome to CP :thumbs:

EmoDx must like you, you got more than "Hi" :sign:

Welcome to our cigar home!

Welcome, Milton. Check out the Newbie Sampler Thread and you'll get broken in properly. Gregor ;)

Hwan-yeong Milton und Velkommen.

Enjoy your stay and ask these guys anyhting. I doubt they can be stumped... I've tried.

Thanks for the tips!

I did all the things that were suggested for the humidor. It was too small for what I want my cigar collection to look like anyway.

I don't know what handle my friend goes by...as far as I know he may be a lurker. But I think he has done some newbie trades and bought some gars. I need to give him a call.

Thanks for all the help!

Welcome to CP it is a nice place to find out stuff without being abused for not knowing.