• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
Reaction score
The New York Jets strode in to the playoffs with their secret weapon---seeming incompetence which lulls opponents into sleep. Last week, needing the win against the Rams to assure a playoff berth, the Jets played a close one. Then, as the Bills lost and their playoff spot assured they were in the red zone, down by 3, with time running out.

Instead of using this situation as a playoff drill---do or die---strategic game wizard Herm Edwards doesn't go for the win. No, this would give his players too much time to rest before their coast-to-coast flight on short rest. No, he plays for the tie. After all, nobody ever gets hurt playing football right? Besides the weather is always beautiful in San Diego. Everybody knows that.

So the Jets limp in.

I love the NFL. This is the best game ever invented, played with bone crushing intensity and breath taking grace. The first three quarters of this game was a beautiful thing. Almost penalty free and full of stategery. Well called plays and good defense.

Chad Pennington (who by all reports has no arm) came out throwing bombs. The sidelines didn't burn timeouts because of brain farts. This looked like a game you could settle into and enjoy. Yuengling Black and Tan, by the way.

Okay, the Jets are up by ten. Okay the Jets are up by 7. Chargers advancing for the tie. Time for the Jets to play defense. These ten brave warriors...WHAT!!!???! TEN? That's right, two plays in a row, with the game on the line, the Jets coaching staff decides ten players is enough, evidently.

They had so much fighting spirit they couldn't contain themselves. Most of all the coaches. They had a great fight between Herm and his running back coach. Great timing, guys.

Anyway, ball on the 1, time running out, can they stop the Charger? Can they stop them? YES YES!!! Wait. Flag on the play. Give them four more tries from the 1/2.
Overtime.

Yes, the Jets did win it in overtime. But there needs to be a Surgeons Warning:
Surgeon General has declared that watching Jets Football
is hazardous to your health unless you smoke the occasional
cigar to calm your nerves,

I was ready to kill Barton for the cheap shot forearm that he threw at Brees. That should have been the game right there.........Thank God for rookie kickers :thumbs:

Great synopsis.! I coulda skipped watching the game. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hudsonvalley said:
AVB said:
Great synopsis.! I coulda skipped watching the game. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]155903[/snapback]​
The Jets coaching staff often does. :blush: Why shouldn't you? :laugh:
[snapback]155906[/snapback]​
:whistling: :D :D :D

Bill

Who cares! Come on baseball season! :thumbs: :whistling:

Shadow said:
[snapback]155928[/snapback]​

Amen to that Shadow. Just another month until pitchers and catchers begin reporting. One of the things I love about living in Arizona; Spring Training!

slowhand said:
Shadow said:
[snapback]155928[/snapback]​

Amen to that Shadow. Just another month until pitchers and catchers begin reporting. One of the things I love about living in Arizona; Spring Training!
[snapback]155934[/snapback]​
Just because Arizona doesn't have a professional football team doesn't mean you can't take an interest ;)

Got any more pitchers for sale? :)

hudsonvalley said:
[Just because Arizona doesn't have a professional football team doesn't mean you can't take an interest ;)

Got any more pitchers for sale? :)
[snapback]155942[/snapback]​

That hurts hudsonvalley, that hurts.

My money would probably be on the Steelers BUT I'm not betting on this one.

The Jets certainlly have it in them to pull off a shocker.

Hey Fast, I'll send ya a couple off your wish list (LGC Tainos & RG CE) if the Jets win ;) :thumbs:

Feel free to quote this post and hold me to it just in case I find that "edit" button :D

Cograts to the Jets and the other three teams that advanced to the next level. The wifey is a big Jets fan and I'm happy for her, I'm just sure about the Steeler / Jets this comin' saturday...... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Bummer :( :(

While I didn't watch the Steeler/Jets game, I saw the highlights on the news. They almost pulled off a huge upset :(

Sorry Charlie, Fast & HV, I was hoping they'd win for ya :(

Fast4Dr, you'll get your RG & LGC just the same ;)

Yeah, I rooting for the wifey that came home yesterday from Nashville. Her Jets almost pulled it off, Oh well. As she's said, being a Jets fan, you almost expect what happened at the end. All I've got to say is GO EAGLES....... :D :thumbs: :p :cool:

All I can say is that Brien should be looking for a new job....and what was that idiot play just before they sent him in for the field goal in the 4th...they lost yards with 4 secs left.

They had the "Pass Punt Kick" competition at Heinz Field yesterday. The Jets would have been better off getting one of the winners, maybe the 14/15 year old girl would have done a better job :laugh: