• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

J. Fuego Natural Robusto

rectifythis

CP; may cause dependency
J. (Jesus) Fuego Natural Robusto
Natural Criollo wrapper
Aged in my humi:3 months
Average price: $5.50

Honestly, I had never heard of this stick before. I took no pictures and was not planning to post anything on it but upon smoking it, I found it to be noteworthy. It was gifted to me by a fellow BOTL in April. Apparently Jesus Fuego was a blender for Rocky Patel and has started his own line. I smoked this after breakfast with my coffee and found it to be a perfect morning cigar. It was on the milder side of medium, was rolled very well with only mild imperfections, and the pre-light draw revealed what I would call pleasant floral/grassy. It was tasty right from the toasting and remained that way until I put it down. While it was light on strength, it was nice in flavor. Just very pleasant tobacco on the floral/grassy side as opposed to say, the cedar/leather side. It really reminded me of the Ashton Heritage line. I think I liked it even more than the Ashton. I apologize for the vague review but I am writing this as an afterthought. I will definitely have to smoke another.

Verdict: Pleasant morning cigar or when you’re just in the mood for something more laid back. Buy.

J. (Jesus) Fuego Natural Robusto
Natural Criollo wrapper
Aged in my humi:3 months
Average price: $5.50

Honestly, I had never heard of this stick before. I took no pictures and was not planning to post anything on it but upon smoking it, I found it to be noteworthy. It was gifted to me by a fellow BOTL in April. Apparently Jesus Fuego was a blender for Rocky Patel and has started his own line. I smoked this after breakfast with my coffee and found it to be a perfect morning cigar. It was on the milder side of medium, was rolled very well with only mild imperfections, and the pre-light draw revealed what I would call pleasant floral/grassy. It was tasty right from the toasting and remained that way until I put it down. While it was light on strength, it was nice in flavor. Just very pleasant tobacco on the floral/grassy side as opposed to say, the cedar/leather side. It really reminded me of the Ashton Heritage line. I think I liked it even more than the Ashton. I apologize for the vague review but I am writing this as an afterthought. I will definitely have to smoke another.

Verdict: Pleasant morning cigar or when you’re just in the mood for something more laid back. Buy.

I've found J. Fuego's line to be quite enjoyable. The connie's are very mild and buttery in flavor. He was in San Jose about a year ago hosting a tasting at my favorite B&M, and I've found his sticks consistently well made, with variances in strength but not flavor. Perhaps it has to do with what I've eaten, but my first J. Fuego gave me a huge nic kick, and the more recent ones have been medium in strength.

If you have trouble locating these, my B&M has them consistently, but you do have to pay CA taxes. :(

I havent smoked the Natural or the Corojo in a while. Fuego makes very good cigars. I bought a box of the Naturals when they first hit the Market...they were so packed with flavor. Need to get some more!

I've tried both the Nat and Corojo and met Jesus at an event last summer. Just today I saw , but didn't buy, his new maduro, Delirium. A four country blend I will sample the first chance I get!

If you have trouble locating these, my B&M has them consistently, but you do have to pay CA taxes. :(

I have found them at the cigar bar I frequent and Atlantic carries them as well. Thank you for the offer.

These are great smokes IMHO. They are everywhere down here, particularly given their head-man's locale. If you need assistance in getting any, I would recommend PM'ing Gabby here (gmiranda) as they are are in wide-availability at Sabor Havana.