• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jameson Black Label, Perfecto

Boomer52

Good Friends, Good Cigars
Brad at Jameson Cigars was kind enough to send a sample of their new blend. Here is my review. (Sorry, no pictures. Camera batteries were dead.)

Brand: Jameson Cigar Company
Cigar: Black Label
Size: Perfecto 5x54
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Dominican

The first thing I noticed was the sharp point this perfecto had and the continuously changing ring gauge. It was a thing of beauty. The maduro wrapper was beautifully applied and caped. It had two small veins which ran about two thirds the length. This cigar rested for about two weeks at 65% RH and 68 degrees. It was slightly spongy the entire length with no hard or soft spots. This is a well constructed cigar.

I clipped a little off of the head and the prelight draw was very good. Just enough resistance but not loose. Prelight flavor was, and I read someone else use this description and thought at the time, can that be good, barnyard. Yes, it is good. It surprised me because I never expected this flavor from a cigar.

I toasted the foot and lit her up. The first draw or two had a little pepper at the back of the palate and not much else. After the first quarter inch this was replaced with a nice cedar taste. At this point the cigar was medium full in body and had a short finish. After about half an inch it lightened up to what I consider a medium body smoke.

The second third had a nice medium tobacco taste. The cedar was gone and my newbie palate could not detect anything but the nice, medium tobacco flavor. Very pleasant as was the aroma. The finish was now much longer. The burn was razor sharp and the ash was dark gray with some darker spots.

At about the two thirds mark the cigar started burning a little hot but never got bitter. I slowed down somewhat, but it remained hot. The flavor was not affected and it was still an enjoyable cigar.

The ash on this smoke was amazing. It held on until the three quarters mark. When it did fall, it hit the ground with a thud and a perfect cone ember was left behind. Even though the cigar was burning hot, I nubed it. Smoke time about 55 minutes.

Overall, IMHO, this was a very good cigar. Construction was probably one of the best I have seen. I would not call it a full bodied cigar however. More medium once it got going, but very nice.

Would I buy this cigar? Yes. In fact when it hits my local B&M, I plan on buying a few of the other sizes.

Thank you Brad for sending these for me to sample. I think they will be well received by everyone.

Dave