• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Joe Paterno

JayBay

WTB Bratalias
My Dad started taking me to Penn State football games when I was 8 years old - back in 1976 (the Lions were upset by Iowa, 7-6). Dad played under Rip Engle at PSU back in the 50's. He and I have gone to at least one game together per year with few exceptions. I can recall going to as many as 4 games in a season. I have an autographed picture of Joe Paterno. I don't care to count the number of garments I own that say Penn State on them somewhere. I didn't end up going to college there myself, but remain a tried and true Nittany Lion fan.

I wonder (with concern) how much longer JoePa will go. I recall numerous occasions when everyone starts to write him off, saying the game has passed him by, he's too old, etc., and it seems like every time those comments start circulating - he pulls off a monster season and everybody shuts up. How many more monster seasons can he possibly have left in him? On the 21st, Joe will be 72. He seems to be as full of piss and vinegar as ever...but how much longer? :(

I hope Paterno goes on forever, or until he learns how to beat The Ohio State University. Bowden, he has lost control of his team. I don't think he even "coaches" anymore.

Him and our own Bobby Bowden don't have anything better to do, I guess...

Viva La Booby, 4 MORE YEARS :laugh:

Don't know about JoePa, but Booby appears to be over the hill and relatively clueless, both of em are hanging 'round to snag the record.