• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

John Madden retires

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
LINKY

I know a lot of people don't like his style and think he's past his prime anyway, but I love John Madden.

Thanks for the years, Coach Madden.

It's going to be strange not to have that one game a week that he calls. Always thought he was one of the best, if not the best.

I appreciated him more a few years back. He was getting a bit flaky at the end for my tastes. Thanks for the times, John.

We still have Frank Caliendo!

I liked John but Al Michaels has to go.

When regular players play regular football that’s just regular football
When great players play great football that’s just great football
But when regular players play great that’s just regular great football.

He'll be missed, he bought a lot of insight to the game.

Let's see who steps up as those are some big shoes to fill!

Good luck with your retirement Coach Madden.

I always liked him, I know I will miss him. Al Michaels ( I have to agree with Ray here )won't be able to keep doing it without him, so, he does need to go also so does Tony Kornheiser, he just annoys me.

Ah man, John Madden is a legend. Hope he keeps doing the games, the commentary is hilarious.

I don't watch very much pro football. I can't remember when the last time was I saw a came he called. Hell, I didn't even know he was still around.

I"ll miss him. I would watch games just because he was calling it.

Madden has been announcing games since I was an infant. I basically grew up with his voice as THE voice of football and I'll miss him for sure.

- Tim

(He was a hell of a coach, too, with an NFL career record of something like .750)

Madden has been announcing games since I was an infant. I basically grew up with his voice as THE voice of football and I'll miss him for sure.

- Tim

(He was a hell of a coach, too, with an NFL career record of something like .750)

You were an infant in 1979? ??? He coached until 1978.

Thank god! This needed to happen years ago.
+1. I always enjoyed his commentary, but he hasn't been 100% for several seasons now.

- Tim

I was. :cool:

- Tim

I stand corrected. Since I was a kid, his is the voice I associate with football. It's all so hazy in the dim past... :)

- Tim

I definately respect Madden, particularly for his coaching days, but I am among those who didn't appreciate his style and won't mind seeing him go.

I'll miss his informative insight into a game I never played.
Although some people have tired of his persona, many of
us appreciate his work.

Surely, all of his bus travel would weary anyone, and he likely
needs some rest. But his announcing has been excellent and
will be missed by many.

Good Luck, John Madden. You earned your retirement.
Enjoy it!

My only question is, "Who will award the Turducken this
Thanksgiving?"

Chemyst :cool: