• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Instead of starting a whole new thread about it, I figured I'd just add it in here. JW Blue King George V Edition... just saw a small write up in CA about it. And with the price they're quoting, that's all I ever will see. But Ray, what makes it so special?

The King George V edition is packaged in a crystal decater, limited to just 4,000 bottles and is comprised of whisky from distilleries that were operating when Johnnie Walker got it's Royal Warrent From King George V in 1934. Slightly different then the standard version of Blue. You can find it for about $400 if you look hard enough.

Forgot to add that it is fairly cheap compared to the 200th Anniversary Cask Strength bottling which will set you back about $2500.

I just had the chance to try Blue for the first time last Friday night. I was in Atlantic City with my friends for the weekend and we went to Bally's Blue Martini bar to check out the ice bar. (which was cool :cool:) I noticed they had Gold & Blue right away, as I have been wanting to try them for some time now. It's been at least two years I have been enjoying Johnnie Walker and haven't been any where that had anything above Black. So I was pretty psyched, then I realized I better ask for the price of a glass for Blue......just in case as it was AC. So it was $50 for a glass on the rocks, at first I thought for a 1/4 of the price; the hell with it, I'll just a buy a dang bottle to try. Then I thought you know what, I am here on a nice vacation with some great friends, we're having a great time, and so why not cap the trip with a good memory of being able to try something I have been waiting 2 years for. And that was it, I got to try Blue and loved it. Every last drop was smoother than I could imagine. I'm not really good with discerning tastes when it comes to Scotch yet, but it was the most flavorful, lasting, and smoothest tasting Scotch I have had the luxury of trying. And did I mention flavorful and smooth. Oh, and long lasting taste......I think it is still lingering on the back of my throat!

Gold was good too. :laugh:

$50 bucks on the rocks!!!!!you gotta treat yourself good man but holy shit. Bought a bottle a few years back for $149 and it is great scotch but 1 glass....I guess you only live once.

At $50 a glass that bar is making some damn good money off that stuff. They sell one bottle and can afford to buy like 3 to replace the one.

For anyone looking for a special bottle the KIng George V Edition won't disappoint. It goes down silky smooth with a little more peat and smoke than the regular Blue Label. I need to buy another bottle.

Just bought a bottle in N.H. $169 out the door.Gonna wait to x-mas eve to open her.

Bought a bottle on NYE for about $135 in Pasadena. There was a JW promo and a marketing rep was there (she was quite attractive). She engraved the bottle it the store for me too.

Blue is a treat and really something special. I like the presentation box too. Going to try the KIng George V Edition sometime.