• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jose Marti Robusto

kevpriest

Clueless Noob
Reaction score
Picking up toilet paper and bulk green beans a couple of weeks ago, I noticed my local Costco has boxes of Jose Marti "Cuba Libre" Nicaraguan Cigars in Robusto size, so I picked up a box. It was $34.99, if I recall correctly, so I wasn't expecting the world or anything, but just trying something new.

It turns out, these are pretty nice cigars. They're short little things, 4" or so I believe. The wrapper is a medium-brown Ecuadorian-Sumatra wrapper. Construction is nice and firm, with a few medium size veins but nothing terrible.

The actual smoke was nice. Very good smoke production, and a firm, somewhat grey ash. The first inch or so was peppery, nice and spicy. As it warmed up it got more earthy, which is how it finished. I think I smoked this one a little too fast, as it heated up quite a bit toward the end. I'll have to remember to slow down on these little guys.

If you happen to be in Costco getting diapers or diamonds, you might grab a box. I noticed on a trip to a different Costco that they appear to store these in different places: in one store they were with the cigarettes. In another, they were in a glass case with the Coach bags. They also had some Finca's and the Monte Cristo Cigars D'art or whatever they're called.

KevPriest

The Jose Marti Robusto Nics pack alot of bang for the buck. I've smoked several boxes of em. Stay away from the Dominican ones though. They are garbage.

These are definently my GO-TO cigars....I smoke the Masaya Figurado (6.5 x 52 ) I pay about $48 dollars a box.

Very well made...very slow and even burn....an exceptional value

I agree on the Domins being garbage!