• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jose Piedras

Matty_Vegas

Wayne Newton Mafia Boss
I have found the larger sizes with draw troubles, but the smaller vitolas are quite tasty..and cheap to boot???? Anyone have any love?

I was wondering the same ,Im waiting on cazadores as we speak. post a review of the jose dlp,that you smoked.

I really enjoy the Conservas. Have a box of Cremas that are still quite young resting for a bit. These are some great go to smokes for me. I've had a box of Conservas and only had one out all 50 with a plug. Second box I'd say half I've had issues with, have to dry box a day or two and seem to be okay for the most part. Draw tool comes in handy!

I had a bundle of the Brevas and they drew fine and tasted pretty damn good for a cheapie.

I haven't smoked any of the larger sticks but I have smoked Petit Cetros and Brevas which are two of the small sizes. I think they're great. Good construction and a clearly recognizable (to me anyway) Cuban cream/vanilla flavor with a little tang on the finish.

Bear in mind that these are partially machine made, short filler cigars but, having said that, they beat the hell out of anthing I can find in my local B&M at the price point which is in the $2.50-$4.00 range.

- Tim

A great smoke for the price. Got a couple of boxes in the cabinet, resting up for the eventual flame treatement..... :laugh:

I enjoy the brevas & cremas. Pretty darn good fresh...I look forward to trying them once I let them get some age on them.

I've smoked almost every size and for the money they are a good deal. I have never bought any, all the ones I got were bonuses that came with other cigars I purchased. I forget who it was that was giving them as bonuses, but for a while I was getting 5 packs of different sizes on a regular basis. Price point on these should be about 50-60 a box delivered.

that is how I actually got into smoking them, they were tag alongs with some other stuff I had bought..ended up with about 6 bundles that seems to split about 10 ways when people found out we had them!!!

and I did reintroduce myself NOOB!!!
the search function is your friend...

I dig 'em but only if I can get them dirt cheap. $1-1.50 a stick. Otherwise, I step right up to the Quintero Brevas. The QBs have cleaner taste (less dirt) and tend to draw better though it is also a short filler stick. I also find the QBs to be a firmer stick and hold up better to extended jawing.

Wilkey

.....Price point on these should be about 50-60 a box delivered.
...or less. I think I got the two boxes I have for about $45.00 / ea. I won't pull the trigger on these unless I can get them for less than $50 / box.

I dig 'em but only if I can get them dirt cheap. $1-1.50 a stick. Otherwise, I step right up to the Quintero Brevas. The QBs have cleaner taste (less dirt) and tend to draw better though it is also a short filler stick. I also find the QBs to be a firmer stick and hold up better to extended jawing.

Wilkey
Interesting, Wilkey. I've tried them both and actually prefer the JP's. No accounting for taste, I guess......... :p

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Wilkey

ill second this!

I find them to be hit and miss on draw issues. Every couple weeks I pick up a 5'er of some type of JLP's. their construction doesn't look pretty but when they smoke well they taste great IMO. A little rest in the humi never hurts either. i've got a couple in there now.

Burnt a Cazadores yesterday.
It was on par with a PSD4...
Maybe a touch better!
Both had 2 years on em.

-Rob

I got em in yesterday , smoked a cazadores , no issues, burnt even , but the bands were kinda suspect, I used my uv pen on the stamp, the crest was there but noticed the bands were different from what Iv'e seen around......go here to see what I mean.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=44391
Whoa there. Because they are different from what you've seen does not automatically mean they're suspect. And to title your inquiry post with the word "Bogus" in it is a bit sensationalist. Ask around. Better yet, search around and try to grab some facts before you start pointing fingers.

Think about how you word your posts and post titles, please.

Wilkey

my favorite cigar so far is the crema - someone at work was smoking one about a year ago and I could not help but ask him what it was, because of the rich creamy aroma - omg - I really havent found anything that pleases my pallet better