• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

JR Ultimate Cabinet #10's

Have heard a lot of people asking for these lates...
Are they any good....and what is their price range?

MMM...JR Ults.
BD-To my admiteddly experienced palette, these taste very nice. I get the maduros. The construction is very nice and they burn well. They range from $60-90 a box (going from memory here), so you need to weigh the decision in light of other nice cigars in that range, but they are a great go to N/C and tend to be pretty consistently good. My two cents.
JK

BrownDevil said:
Have heard a lot of people asking for these lates...
Are they any good....and what is their price range?
[snapback]171300[/snapback]​

JR has a special right now. Buy a box of JR Ultimate Cabinets and get a box of Bolivar Fuerte HAbanito's for $5

THe JR Ult Cab #10 are $69.99 with $2 shipping

If you buy a regular JR Ultimate you get the JR Ultimate Habanitos for $5

For the Ult Cab's, most everyone's favorites are the #10's and the robusto sized #50's. For the regular Ultimate line, most people drift towards the Petit Coronoas in Oscuro or Maduro, or the Principale in Oscuro or Maduro as well. These cigars are made in the villazon factory so you have an Idea how they taste. For me, this is my new favorite cigar. I like the sweet, medium strength flavor with that toasted gingerbread spice to it. Some similar profiled cigars from what I read are the El Rey Del Mundo and the Flor de Allones. Hope that helps

Just to add to this tread, I have really enjoyed the Cabinet Belicoso in oscuro. Of the "regular" ultimate line, I think it and the principale are the best of the bunch. Funny thing is...I don't think I've ever had a bad JR ultimate. I've had better cigars, but never a bad JR. They are consistent in construction, flavor profile, and burn. Great cigar for the money. There are often sales where the price just can't be beat. Got my box of Principales (20) for right around $50 on sale. For $2.50 a stick...fantastic. I got a box of cabinet belicosos for around $60-70 on sale...even better.

cigardawg said:
Just to add to this tread, I have really enjoyed the Cabinet Belicoso in oscuro. Of the "regular" ultimate line, I think it and the principale are the best of the bunch. Funny thing is...I don't think I've ever had a bad JR ultimate. I've had better cigars, but never a bad JR. They are consistent in construction, flavor profile, and burn. Great cigar for the money. There are often sales where the price just can't be beat. Got my box of Principales (20) for right around $50 on sale. For $2.50 a stick...fantastic. I got a box of cabinet belicosos for around $60-70 on sale...even better.
[snapback]171361[/snapback]​

Hey Cigar Dawg, I saw those Belicoso's on JR's site but they are in a different wrapper.Natural and Oscuro. Do you like the Belicoso's better than the Cabinet numbered series. I'm addicted to that sweet spice taste of the cabinets

The cabinets are my favorite. All sungrown. Not a fan of the Candelas.

JR Ult. Cab #10's are an Awesome smoke! And given the price, they are even better. :0 As I said in an earlier thread, I just went through my Coolerdors and I found a box of JR Ult Cab #10's from 00 in EMS. I can not wait to be on the stream casting a fly in some decent weather and smoking one of these. I need another box now that I think of it. I will always have a box or two of these aging in a cooler. One of the rare great priced and consistent smokes left on the market. Fine job Lew, Fine job. :D