• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Juan Lopez seleccion No 2

MidGe

Reaction score
Ok guys,

This is my first review. I am a newbie here and surely a newbie when it comes to publishing a cigar review.

I am really looking forward to comment and criticisms of this review. What did I leave out? What was nowt well, or accurately reviewed, etc... ? I want to learn.

This was my first experience with te Juan Lopez No 2. I tried it as delivered from one of my dealers, even prior to leavng them in my humidor. Could not resist trying a new one. :)

Juan Lopez No 2 (cabinet): As a cabinet purchase it comes unbanded, but I bought the whole cabinet with all seals intact and regular. Packaging inside the cabinet as expected (yellow ribbon and cedar paper with one edge rounded). A mild big cigar. even burn all the way. Very well contructed. A slight spring to a slight squeeze seemingly coming from the binder rather than the filler. A light moke rather than a heavy one. Some cacao and big coffee flavour, When I say coffee there is a certain milkiness about the coffee taste. The after taste bitterness is very acceptable as it is nearly creamy. Slight hint of dry grass.

As you smoke it the pepper (black and white pepper) and aged spices come more to the fore. This is really a very well balanced yet quite mild cigar. Superb for beginners that may find strong cigars overpowering.
Ashes white speckled with grey. Solid ashes masse, stay for up to 1 and 1/2 to 2 cm without problems.

Lost its balance in the last 2 cm (excessive pepper), not wanting to spoil a wonderful experience I let it go out with dignity. :) Overall a 78 experience, especially coming from a milder type, a very classy indeed, yet mild but extremely pleasurable experience of about 90 minutes duration.

Looking forward to your comments.

MidGe

PS was complemented with a nice Cabernet sauvignon vintage 99 from the Barossa Valley.

I've been thinking for a while of trying a box of these, but I keep putting it off for other smokes. I didn't realize it was a mild cigar; that might change my mind (as I prefer med bodied smokes).

Thanks for the review :)

Milk-coffee, yum.

For your first review, you did fine. Heck, it's just a fine review, period. There is a place for mild smokes in every humidor, at least for me. It's nice to have good cigars ready to fit a range of moods and smoking circumstances.

Your review would paint a stronger sensory picture if you could also tell us how the wrapper looked, what smoke aroma was like, the aftertaste, etc.

As for accuracy, don't worry about that and also don't worry about whether your experience is in accord with what others have found. What is more useful for me is to develop a sense of how different smokers' tastes are different. The end result is that I can figure out who has similar taste profiles.

In any case, well done!

Wilkey

Nice review. I like these cigars a lot. Kind of the poor man's CoRo.

I like these very much, one of my faves...I have to say, I think medium bodied moreso than mild..but I agree with the way you described the flavour.

Very nice review of another one that is on my buy list. Perhaps if I may suggest next time you could add a picture of two (visuals always add to the reading experience) plus any other subjective comparison notes to what you may be reminded as compared to other brands/taste. Great fist review though :)