• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Just got my first Humidor and cigars!

Advil

Hey guys, I'm Advil from Des Moines Iowa and I just got introduced to this hobby in the past year. I just bought my very first humidor. It's nothing like the ones I've seen in many pics around here, but I think it's a nice little starter for a 19 year old college kid.

It's a Savoy 75 cunt made of bubinga wood.

They didnt have any glass top ones at my local and I didnt want to order so I got this one. I think the wood is just gorgeous!

n1182240114300754596221xm3.jpg

And here it is open, don't laugh at me now, I only have 4 cigars right now and I cant keep them in the humidor because the humidity will be way off from what I hear. So I have them in a tupperdor with a water pillow until I can afford some sticks (I blew a hundred bucks on the humidor and 20 for the digital hygro)

n1182240114300756178908ju1.jpg

When I bought the box, we just happened to have Opus X and Padron 1926's in and I had to get them so they could be my first real sticks. And my local overprices this stuff because they're the only shop in many many miles.

So even though I can't use it yet, I'm very excited to start this collection! The humidor is seasoning right now for a few more days.

Thanks for looking, I like flaunting my little baby. And this is a big buy for a college kid!

It's a Savoy 75 cunt made of bubinga wood.

How do you know Martin?

Nice sticks to start out with. Go over to the newbie sampler thread and get some more and start using that bad boy.

Oh yeah, you might want to post an intro too.

What B&M did you buy them from? I just moved from Des Moines 3 years ago. Nice to see you here, and nice humi.

Good job.I started smoking a few years ago and bought my first humi(glass top) at the cp store.I now have about 90 cigars in there.I only smoke 1 or 2 a week so it's easy for me to age them.This is a great forum and the members have a wealth of information.

Nice humidor. I've yet to buy one, maybe holding out for a Daniel Marshall or something but I've built a couple, travel pelican case and coolidor. Get ready to make more space!

Keep it up...just don't tell anyone that you have a 75 CUNT anything...all these old guys only start TO DROOL!!! Only suggestion...BUY MORE CIGARS!!!!!

-Fetter

Thanks for looking, I like flaunting my little baby. And this is a big buy for a college kid!

Advil....

20 year old college kid from IL. Go to Illinois State University..and get ready..that small 75ct wont hold up your stash. I've got a 48qt cooler almost full, a tupperware container that can hold 50 or so almost filled, a 25ct humidor, a 75 ct. Savoy humi - much like yours but glass top and finally a 16qt cooler. Get ready my friend....and say goodbye to your paychecks :laugh:

i like my 75 cunt you bastards.

and niko, i go to Davids Briar.

I used to go there all the time, David is a pretty nice guy. I used to go to the Herfs' he put on at the top of 801 Grand.

"It's a Savoy 75 cunt made of bubinga wood."

Does that mean it is old and dry? :laugh:

and niko, i go to Davids Briar.
Nice shop, but being in a mall he does tend to be a little pricey. There are other shops in the Des Moines area that are cheaper and have actual lounges that you can sit and enjoy a cigar while you're there. I get down to Johnston to visit friends several times a year.

Wade from Green Bay.

Hmm, this thread has definitely taken a naughty turn. Nice humi, btw.

So, um, what are you using to season this baby? Massengill Extra Mild Vinegar & Water or Country Flowers flavor? :whistling:

Wilkey

Congrats on your new humi. Hope your ready for another monthly car payment. It is the way of the leaf.

Bob

It's always nice to have a desktop or two around, but beware...it's all downhill from here. ;)

Hmm, this thread has definitely taken a naughty turn. Nice humi, btw.

So, um, what are you using to season this baby? Massengill Extra Mild Vinegar & Water or Country Flowers flavor? :whistling:

Wilkey

At 75, I hardly think it needs seasoned, tightened maybe, but not seasoned. :whistling: