• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

K. Hansotia Symphony Series Churchill - Box of 13

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
This feels like a weird special for me to run because even at this cut-rate bid price of $55 per box we're still talking about $4.20 per cigar. However, believe me when I say it is a tremendous deal. The MSRP is $148.00 per box ($11.30/cigar) and you won't see it sell for much less than $100.00 per box in the marketplace ($7.65/cigar). So my point is that at $55 it's really a fantastic bargain buy - half off or better. Plus it's an outstanding cigar developed by the founder of Gurkha cigars and manufactured by the Torano family. So suffice it to say, this one is quality through and through. In fact, it reminds me of when we first introduced Gurkha Regent early last year: we did a special at a great price, and when word finally got out later, including the 90-rating, I had tons of customers tell me they kicked themselves for not picking up more at the time. Anyway, I happen to be pretty heavy on the Churchill size, so by offering it at a bare bones bid price I hope to turn some of you on to a great new brand and trim some inventory at the same time.

Kaizad Hansotia is best known as the creator of Gurkha cigars, a highly sought-after, very pricey, super-premium handmade. Working with the Carlos Torano family, the compelling K. Hansotia Symphony Series has been released. It’s gorgeous, with an initial lovely, subtle and mellow flavor that develops into a smooth milky and somewhat complex, rich flavor profile with a touch of spiciness and nice crisp tobacco taste. Many have compared it to the AVO Signature series.

If you have any sort of interest, I'd recommend bidding now - the price almost certainly won't get anywhere near this good again.
Category: PRIVATE AUCTION
Cigar Size: 7.1" x 52 ring

Click here to bid

CS-8G.jpg

Ya know what the bitch about this is? I just won an auction for these on Tuesday FOR $10 MORE!

AVB said:
Ya know what the bitch about this is? I just won an auction for these on Tuesday FOR $10 MORE!
??? patience AVB, patience :(

Whaddayamean patience? Waiting doesn't mean something will go on sale. ???

AVB said:
Whaddayamean patience? Waiting doesn't mean something will go on sale. ???
Everyone knows... items only go on sale AFTER you buy them. DUHHHH. :)

http://www.top25cigar.com/a_apps/ANM/anmviewer.asp?a=310&z=3

Thats the news on the new summer Gurkha limited edition series. MSRP on a box of Churchills... $148! :0

Only 3,000 boxes of each size in the 3 Symphony series. That auction, your looking at 1/6th the total production for the year!!!!
thud.gif

Hansotia mentioned at the Black Diamond dinner he was coming out with something 'special' for the summer and to keep an eye out.

I figure EVERYBODY in CBid will jump in on this. Im hopin it doesnt turn into a bidding war. 500 boxes should be enough to go around. :thumbs:

Edit: Fast4Dr... how did you find that anyway? Its listed as a private auction, but I cant find the index listing on private auctions.... this some super-secret decoder ring club or something? :D

Kryo said:
Edit: Fast4Dr... how did you find that anyway? Its listed as a private auction, but I cant find the index listing on private auctions.... this some super-secret decoder ring club or something? :D
If you sign up for their HotDeals (left side of front page), you will get an email every once and a while that will have the link to the private auction.

I just got my box of the robusto size (6x50) in today and straight out of the box it was a pretty good smoke. Good enough that I took advantage of the special for the Churchill size too. They remind me alot of the AVO just like the advertising said. If you like the AVO Signature you should like these too IMHO. $55 for 13 is a hell of a lot better then the $99.50 CI normally charges. Go for it. :D

I just picked up a box off of Cbid also...:) we'll see how they are

Rnccen

Just won one too. This makes about 60 cigars coming now that I have no place to put. I think I'll be hitting the store for a cooler this weekend.. if not sooner.

According to UPS my box is waiting for me at home. I'll torch one up tonight and let everyone know what I think. Of course, keep in mind that the precision of my reviews is, I liked it or I didn't. :)

Well I'm smoking one now. So far I can't say much about the flavor.

Its a beautiful box and very well constructed cigar. And big! I don't know, I guess I don't smoke a lot of churchills, but it was bigger than I expected. The box is nice, packaging is very well done. There is a little card in an envelope that is sort of like a certificate of authenticity listing the names of the torcedors, etc. All in all very nice. I'll edit a bit later when I've smoked more..

*edit*

I'm about half way through now. I don't really know what to say. It's non-offensive. ??? Mild. Not a ton of flavor. Kind of reminds me of a Macanudo. Not bad, but nothing special. It would be a nice morning or mid day smoke probably. I was looking for a bit more. Maybe it needs some time. Dunno.

just wondering if anyone got these via certified mail. i got something from the post office saying i had a certified "letter"...either my cigars came or someone is after me ;)

barney

Mine just came priority.

Sounds like you're being sued. :0 ;)

servebig said:
just wondering if anyone got these via certified mail. i got something from the post office saying i had a certified "letter"...either my cigars came or someone is after me ;)

barney
Cbid ships UPS usually. You can hide out here for a while if you don't want the certified lettter ???