• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kansas Jayhawks reach the Sweet 16

AndrewGBob

Calmer than you are dude...
The Kansas Jayhwaks beat the Dayton Fliers today to advance to the sweet 16. I could not be happier for my beloved Jayhawks. After losing their entire starting five from last year's championship team they have not rebuilded, they have reloaded. Coach Self is truly one of the greatest coaches in college basketball today. Getting this young group of kids to peak at just the right time of year really atests to just how good of a coach he is. And how about Cole Aldrich?! Just a beast of a man! Posting a triple double today with 10 blocks! This is the first time for a triple double to include blocks since Shaq did it in 1992. And 20 something boards! Amazing game for him. I'm anxious to see the winner of the Michigan St vs USC game as I believe the Hawks can play with anybody in the country.

Even my lab Breck was rooting the Hawks on!!

gallery_9352_1015_98222.jpg

Far above the golden valley
Glorious to view,
Stands our noble Alma Mater,
Towering toward the blue.

We stepped up right when we needed to. We went back to the basics and we are going from there. Lazy passing is still an issue. But we are exploding. Its seems like the heart of Brady has lit the rest of the team like a wild fire. Elite 8 here we come.

After losing their entire starting five from last year's championship team they have not rebuilded, they have reloaded. Coach Self is truly one of the greatest coaches in college basketball today. Getting this young group of kids to peak at just the right time of year really atests to just how good of a coach he is.

I can't agree more.

Sorry but you've got Michigan State and Louisville to get past to reach the Final Four.

That ain't gonna happen. ;)

Sorry but you've got Michigan State and Louisville to get past to reach the Final Four.

That ain't gonna happen. ;)

Regardless if they make it to the Final Four or not, this has been a great year already. I'd love to play Michigan State again now because I think we're playing a whole hell of a lot better now then we were last time we played them. And I think Louisville is vulnerable on any given day. The Hawks are too though if Cole and Sherron aren't on their games.

IMO Louisville is the team to beat right now. Yes they are vulnerable, but so is every team in the tourney. I'm thinking it'll be OU and Louisville for the championship.

Granted this is coming from a guy who had FSU beating Pitt :( :sign:

As I posted in the other thread, this team has exceeded my expectations for this season. Anything they do the rest of the way is gravy to me. I think they can beat Michigan State or USC -- Louisville will be another matter. Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU.

How in hell is Louisville at 28 and FIVE the #1 team in the country? UCONN beat them soundly earlier in the year, Memphis only has three losses, etc. Oh gee, big freakin' deal, they won the Big East Tourney because Pitt and UCONN got bounced, neither by Louisville. :rolleyes:

Ya know, now that I think about it, I think Kansas can beat Louisville and I hope they do. :D

Sorry you Kansas guys, I didn't realize the Jayhawks won the Big 12 regular season. To me, THAT is the true measure of success for any college basketball team as it indicates success for the ENTIRE regular season, not a stupid tournament. Okay, Louisville won the Big East regular season but the only played UCONN and Pitt one time each and lost to UCONN and beat Pitt. I think Pitt is the best team in the Big East this year.

I hereby take back my smart-a$$ed comments about your Jayhawks and I'm pullin' for ya against Louisville. :thumbs: I also agree that you can defeat the Spartans, that one should be a gimme even though Kansas is supposedly the underdog. Hey, maybe you'll get a gift and the Trojans will knock off Michigan State. :laugh: Go Trojans! :sign:

I gotta say though that if you do make it to the final four, you'll most likely be facing my Huskies or Memphis BUT, that's a challenge the Jayhawks are definitely up for. ;)

IMO Louisville is the team to beat right now. Yes they are vulnerable, but so is every team in the tourney. I'm thinking it'll be OU and Louisville for the championship.

Granted this is coming from a guy who had FSU beating Pitt :( :sign:

Hey, I'm with the prez on this one, TAR HEELS in the final game to win it all!

One of the few things I agree with Obama on, LMFAO! :laugh: