• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

KB Made Me Late to Work Today

kevpriest

Clueless Noob
I'll start off by saying my humidor is too small. I have a little 40 count humidor that I picked up cheap when I first started smoking cigars. I also recently built a coolerdor, but I use that for boxes and bundles, so I have to do with the 40 count for the individual smokes I get.

And recently, I've amassed some VERY nice individual smokes, including some great ISOMs, thanks to some lopsided trades from BOTLs like AlexGTP, LucasBuck, and a contest I won by Kayakin Boy. In the case of the contest by KB, he explained when I won that I could either take some nice smokes he had on hand, or if I wanted to wait a little, he had some unbanded "Fresh Farm Rolled Cuban EL's from a very realible source" coming in. It was costing me nothing, so I thought, hey, great, that might be fun! His package arrived this Saturday, and per his instructions I put his cigars in the humi to let them rest for a few weeks.

Yesterday was Sunday, and a couple of guys on the board had mentioned "Tobacco World" in Marietta, north of Atlanta, as nice local cigar shop I should try. I had a spare hour yesterday, so I drove up to check them out. Sure enough, they had a humidor bigger than my first house, and the prices were very reasonable. I picked up about 6 nice cigars, including a Rocky Patel Edge "Missile". I'd tried the Torpedo before and thought it a pretty good cigar, and the shorter "Missile" looked interesting.

This morning, I pulled the Edge Missile out of the humidor to try on the way to work. I fired it up in the driveway and proceeded onto the freeway for the commute. I was VERY impressed with this cigar! With the Edge Torpedo, I had found the "high note" of the cigar pleasant, but a little overpowering, but this cigar was smooth. Really powerful, but smooth. And a lot more complexity than I remembered. It was also smoking slower than I remembered the Edge.

I kept driving, and wondering why the "Missile" vitola would be so superior to the "Torpedo". I mean the flavors just kept on coming! The ash was firm, and dark and mottled. I had barely smoked a half-inch of the cigar and I was well down the freeway. And suddenly I realized, this cigar is FANTASTIC. Too fantastic. I clearly was NOT smoking a Rocky Patel Edge. I had obviously picked up KB's farm-rolled by accident.

I pulled over on the side of the freeway. I had cut the cigar at an angle, so it was too late to verify the number of caps, but I looked over the wrapper, and it definitely didn't look like the Edge. I was accidentally smoking an ISOM on the way to work! Oh well, I figured, so I pulled the parking brake and sat on the side of I-85 North and enjoyed my cigar for the next 45 minutes.

KB, I know you said to let these rest, and there was definitely a "freshness" to them (barnyard tastes, I guess is how I would describe it), but damn, that was a good cigar! I don't know the provenance, but it was definitely ISOM, and definitely outstanding.

I'm supposed to be at work by 8:30, but I usually get here at 8:00 or before. Today, I wasn't rolling into the parking lot until 8:40. And there was no way I was taking the stairs this morning, as I had a nice buzz. :) Thanks KB, for the great smoke, and I'll always remember my "Freeway Cuban" experience!

KevPriest

Great story!
I have had similar "driveway moments" with cigars that I thought I would be done with before I was supposed to be somewhere. An unplanned great smoke....what a treat in the morning!

kevpriest said:
... "Fresh Farm Rolled Cuban EL's from a very realible source"...

Sounds like you had quite a good smoke... but what exactly is this? "Fresh Farm Rolled Cuban" and "EL" appear to be descriptions that are exclusive to each other rather than inclusive. However, this could just be a typo. Just curious is all.

While I wondered about the odd designation myself, I will say that the cigar was fantastic, with a nice even burn (despite its youth) and a very pleasant flavor. Based on the reviews I've seen (and based on what I know about KB) I don't think this cigar shared a hold with softball equipment. ;)

Well, KB can give you more than me, it was bandless, a short torpedo shape. Sadly, I had already clipped and lit it before I realized what it was. :(

kevpriest said:
Well, KB can give you more than me, it was bandless, a short torpedo shape. Sadly, I had already clipped and lit it before I realized what it was. :(
[snapback]212543[/snapback]​
No problem. Just seeing if we could help you identify your smoke. Sounds like an RyJ PP. Quite a bit different from the Rocky Patel you were originally planning on. :)

Hey Kevin, sounds like you had a very good morning...
Hope you did not get any flack for getting in late.

They were bought from a trusted source. To be honest, I don't know all that much about them myself. They are pretty damn good though! I had one for poker this weekend.

Remember when, Lumberg wasn't paying attention and lit the wrong end of an opus!

Thats Funny!

Back