• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Keurig machine - opinions?

Kid Montana

I've noted these little single serving coffee machines have been popping up in stores for the last few years since I saw my first one in 2010. Yesterday I finally bought one. Normally I make my coffee in a French press but since I'm deploying soon, the cleanliness of the cartridge style coffee cannisters appealed to me. So far its been pretty good. Not as good as a ~damn good~ cup out of the press, but pretty respectable especially compared to drip.

I also bought a little screen filter that fits in the machine to allow me to pack my own grounds and make coffee a bit cheaper than by buying the cartridge-cup dealios. I'm optimistic that it will be a pretty sweet thing for a quick cup downrange. Anybody else have experience, love or hate with the Keurig Machines?

I bought one a few years ago and its prefect for me. I did, however, just notice they came out with a new machine that uses different size cups. I'm worried that they will faze out the old ones and force us to buy new machines.

I've had one over a year and I love it. My wife and I use it at night when we don't want to make a big pot. There are so many flavors. My son likes the hot chocolate, he feels like he is drinking coffee like mommy and daddy since it comes from the same machine. I also use mine to make loose leaf tea.

A buddy who is more into coffee than I am swears you can get decent coffee out of it you buy a special cup and grind your own (not the standard basket/ cup thing that comes with it, but apparently there is another one available that is better...) Personally I'm not that picky about my coffee, but for me the cost is prohibitive. Those disposable little cups cost a fortune, and if I have to grind my own, I'd rather just use the french press or the regular old drip coffee maker.

We have one, with the do it yourself filter. Cost-wise, if you drink a lot of coffee, the filter is the only way to go. The variety of flavors is great, and it reduces waste.

I'm a cup a day guy, so it's perfect for me.

We have one and love it. We use the additional screen filter when needed or if we have something special to grind up. The cost of the k cups can get pricey dependent on where you shop and the brand. The best deals can be found at kohls or bed bath and beyond if you have coupons, or if you like a certain brand and they carry it, costco.

We found the caribou medium roast at Costco for 38.00 for 80 k cups. Most of the time you will find something like 12 cups for 10.99.

I think we just like the gadgety convienence of it.

My wife and I had one and did not really care for it. We like strong coffee and this just didn't work well for us. It all seems to be too watered down, even when using the special cup and grinding your own. If you aren't picky about coffee then it is convenient, if you like stronger cups and more than 1 every morning, I'd get a normal brewer.

My wife is the only drinker in the house...well coffee that is....she loves hers. She is a 5-6 cup a day person, but she drinks them at different times, I think it has cost us more, but she says the taste is better fresher than bulk. She bought the filter thing too. You can do other drinks with it, Hot chocolate and apple cider are enjoyed by the kids. It is convenient and quick no doubt.

My wife and I have had one for about two years and love the convenience. I agree the cost of the k-cups are prohibitive, but the convenience and variations are worth it to us.

Also, I don't pour half a pot of coffee down the drain when we are done. Clean up and maintenance is a breeze.

There are so many different types of coffee available to suit most tastes. I buy mine at amazon.com or at Sam's club fo better pricing. I've also used the filter and think it works well.

Enjoy.

Don't buy the all digital version (most expensive) stick to this one...more basic, does all three up sizes (minus iced coffee) and it's way more reliable than the digital Platinum model.

My wife and I are on our second machine. We don't drink a great deal of coffee at home so it is convenient. As for the K cups, try Amazon. They have a deal worked out with some of the K cup people and they can be had for less than $.50 a piece when you order 50. We get the box with the variety but with the exception of the Newman's Own I haven't had one I wouldn't try again.

Got the Tassimo for the cappuccino and latte capabilities.

Get one! We bought one a couple years ago and use it all of the time, even for parties. It works great, and lots of variety in coffee. We prefer strong blends, and there are plenty to choose from. I doubt they'll change the size of the k-cup. You're probably thinking of the Senseo, which is much different and less variety.

Definitely worth it. We have a subscription through Green Mountain coffee that ships us a case of 4 boxes every 4 months or so. Like Rod said if you prefer strong coffee there are a great variety of blends to choose from. My favorite is the Barista Prima italian roast.

Get one! We bought one a couple years ago and use it all of the time, even for parties. It works great, and lots of variety in coffee. We prefer strong blends, and there are plenty to choose from. I doubt they'll change the size of the k-cup. You're probably thinking of the Senseo, which is much different and less variety.
<br /><br />I was in Bed Bath and Beyond, because there was time, and they have the machines and a big sign that says you can't use regular k-cups. I hope you're right though and they keep both versions.

Its called the vue.

Don't buy the all digital version (most expensive) stick to this one...more basic, does all three up sizes (minus iced coffee) and it's way more reliable than the digital Platinum model.
Got the wife this model for Christmas. She uses it everyday and loves it!

We've got a Tassimo for the wife. I am not a fan of the coffee, but the espresso and cappuccino are a nice treat. It is quick and easy. I still use my french press.

I bought one couple years ago, though I don't use it that often anymore. Well worth it for someone like me that has a cup every so often and does not want to make a whole pot and is in a hurry. Should work great for you.

I mjyself do not like them, so far. The coffees I've tried were muddy. I love the concept, and I think that if you can get one that heats the H2O to 195-205, and then fill your own pods, it would be dandy.

we have had one for over a year now and still use it almost everyday. its great for a quick cup. it will never be as good as a nice press, but it does the job. my wife uses it more for tea and hot water